Not the peter Jenkins surely??

If it is then respect! Your book is on my bloody desk! An invaluable reference guide!!

If this site is attracting individuals of your calibre then things are moving on rapidly!

We launched this site a few weeks ago and the results are quite frankly staggering!

Its a amzing to have you on board!

CM

I have to confess that I also have a copy, its a great book and I would recommend it to anyone interested in surveillance.
Im sure that when the SIA gets its act together, surveillance training will be the next boom business.
Im also new to this forum, very impressed.

I have to confess that I also have a copy, its a great book and I would recommend it to anyone interested in surveillance.
Im sure that when the SIA gets its act together, surveillance training will be the next boom business.
Im also new to this forum, very impressed.

Welcome silhouette, please feel free to add a new post and introduce yourself and your company!!

peter Jenkins - Your books sounds good and it will be on my Xmas list. Its great to have you here!

Dont forget guys I want contributors to the forum to get a share of any revenue created from the google adverts! Look here to find out more info. The more posts and info you add, the more you could earn!

thanks

Mally

Hi Peter

Good you are aboard, I was recomended you by Peter Heims quite some time ago. You do come highly recomended as the best in your feild. I am the guy from New Zealand that called your mobile a while back and you politely returned my call.

I certainly will be seeking your training when I get back to the UK

Chaps, thank you for the compliments and words!

I am not too sure about surveillance training being a 'booming' business in the near future although many think it will be and are trying to jump on the band wagon. Unlike CP training where Iraq & Afghanistan created a very big demand (and still are), the main CP companies did very well out of it and a lot of 'minor' ones tried but fell by the wayside.

We pleasantly tick over sticking to what we do but have added a few other new courses to keep a bit of variation such as a foot surveillance course in London (trains, tubes & buses), a course in Ireland and one in Zurich combined with a tactical firearms element to it.

Anyway, have a good one

Peter Jenkins
Surveillance Training - ISS Training Limited

The Peter Jenkins! ? :eek:

*Gets on hands and knees* "We are not worthy!" :D I too have your book (sorry 'bout the coffee stains on the cover and the dog ear pages, what can I say... it's well used! )
I do see a surge in the training market in the near future. If the SIA (bless 'em) put surveillance and PI as a licencable job then there will be guys like myself and many others looking for refresher courses at least. Even the dedicated CP guys will realise that having that "badge" under their belts will only improve chances of employment.

Bill (Pepe)
Mob / Cell: +44 (0)7771 818281
E-m@il: bill_walker@hotmail.com

Bill,

I see your point about the SIA and the licensing of PI's and Surveillance Operators but the whole issue is a joke. My ear is firmly on the ground on this one and the SIA have proposed different ways of implementing licensing, one of which is not to show any competency which means you do not have to have any qualifications so long as you are a fit and proper person, have no criminal record, no county court judgments, are registered with the DPA and have insurance.

If the SIA chooses for candidates to display competency, it has been suggested that they will have to attend a 3 day course which covers: conduct investigations, conduct interviews, search for information & preserve evidence, understand laws and conduct surveillance. The surveillance portion of this training is 3.5 hours, hardly enough to qualify you as competent.

Some training providers don't understand this and are trying to jump on the bandwagon thinking that the SIA will state that all PI's and surveillance operators have to do a recognised course and be qualified. This is what happened in close protection but it will not happen in surveillance (or if it did it will take another decade to implement). So the big money spinner out of surveillance training is not going to be, take it from me, we have been doing it the longest and know the market. The cake is not that big, unlike CP a few years ago.

We teach to surveillance to teach surveillance to a high standard and provide realistic qualifications. Even if licensing were not imminent we would still do what we do.

Have a good day

Peter

Peter Jenkins
ISS Training Ltd
Surveillance Training - ISS Training Limited

Peter Jenkins - may be a Bootie but have to admit to thoroughly enjoying one of your courses a while back. keep it up my friend
Guys - take it or leave it but I cannot recommend Peter enough

i also have the Advanced Surveillance manual by Peter, invaluable reading, definitely is a must!

at the moment i'm a freelance operative with no particular surveillance qualifications at the whole question of SIA licensing seems all over the place. however regardless of this i will definitely be doing either the 5 or 10 day course at ISS soon. i was looking at feb but depending on finances i might have to push it back a little.

Back