iPhone 4 - Networks, coverage and app discussion

mally1

Administrator
fohbaq.jpg

Hello all.

I'm the proud new owner of the latest iPhone, the iPhone4

Many of us that have one know how useful they can be, both in the security and surveillance role.

With added features like an HD video camera, its an improvement on the past versions.

If you don't currently own an iPhone or are looking to see the prices of the new version, check out this page which explains the different prices and also the coverage in the UK.

Iphone Network Map Coverage and Prices

iPhone4 Network comparison table

Please add details of any app's you use within your role, to help other members get best use of their iPhone.

Thanks Mally

I'm still using a 3GS and think it's great. Played with one in an Apple shop, and couldn't see a reason as to why I should upgrade. The shop demo had a great BBQ app, Weber's 'On the grill', but this doesn't seem to be available on the app store :( Please don't let Rich H see this thread, we all know his views on this topic :)

The new iOS4 update is pretty good. The combined inbox for emails is great when running several different accounts, and the spell check seems to have improved.
Workwise, I use email, calander, memorymaps (and the phones maps) most often and they work well.

I'm still using a 3GS and think it's great. Played with one in an Apple shop, and couldn't see a reason as to why I should upgrade. The shop demo had a great BBQ app, Weber's 'On the grill', but this doesn't seem to be available on the app store :( Please don't let Rich H see this thread, we all know his views on this topic :)

Yep, BBQ app sums the over-hyped play thing up quite well :D

If you want to look professional in your job then get a Blackberry ;):D

Rich H

Have to agree with Rich H. I had an I phone then switched to Blackberry. Can't fault it and would not have anything else.

Gotta say i have the idiot phone 3GS and changed to it from the Black berry bold and still wish i had kept the bold :( even after putting OS4 on it and will go back to BB at my next upgrade

but to add a spanner in the works i also have an ipad and gotta say i am seriously thinking of getting shut of the idiot phone and BB all together for a normal phone now as the ipad does it all and more..........

Think Black berrys are just a touch better and u can hold it as you would and it still works lol , there simple enough to use and you can set up all your live feeds from cpw on to it which is great for keeping an eye on jobs while your working , some of the apps could be better i admit, besides if we got a new phone every time they claim a new one or better one came out, i'd be down t-mobile every other day !:)

I have found the map that comes as standard very useful and of course simply having quick access to the internet. I also like the fact that the clock allows you to set as many city times as you like, useful for making international calls and not waking people up!

I also like the following apps;

News, Sky News, Reuters and various country specific ones
London Underground and London Bus
Skype and Linked In
Time Out Guide
Met Office
iResus (for the medics)
AroundMe

Hope that helps

Back