Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is SIA card valid ID?

sekura

Full Registered User
Other than in the capacity in the security industry, is an SIA card a valid form of ID?

As in could I use it to prove who I am, like for exams/drivers licence/passport/travel?

I've been wondering about this for a while but can't find anything anywhere on line about it.
Consider the background checks and all that that we have to go through to get it I'd assume so but I thought I'd best ask.

Regardless of the above, would a DS accept it for entry to a boozer? lol

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
This is pure hush hush, no one knows, that's why you cant Google it and for your eyes only but yes it gets you into back rooms in strip clubs, half price as far as I know.

[MENTION=16466]premier[/MENTION] would you get his number and add him to 'our secret list'

No promises mate but if you pass the tests and Premier says yep you'll get your 5 passports and briefcase sent right out.

Regards

Col

Last edited:

premier

Longterm Registered User
Col,

List is full, reopening to applicants on the the 32nd of Soctober 2018

And we have run out of briefcases.

Sekura,
There used to be an unwritten rule whereby a card carrying member of the “Door Registration Schemeâ€, which was run locally via police and councils long before the SIA broke the system down to levy their fees when you did indeed get into venues free as you were a Doorman, it was a professional / friendly gesture.
Plus believe it or not most people knew and respected the other teams it’s how pubwatch was born.

As for is an SIA license valid ID
No it is not, I seem to remember this is because it doesn’t display your full name or date of birth.
That and there are thousands of counterfeit ones.

Regards

premier

Last edited:

sekura

Full Registered User
This is pure hush hush, no one knows, that's why you cant Google it and for your eyes only but yes it gets you into back rooms in strip clubs, half price as far as I know.

[MENTION=16466]premier[/MENTION] would you get his number and add him to 'our secret list'

No promises mate but if you pass the tests and Premier says yep you'll get your 5 passports and briefcase sent right out.

Regards

Col
Hahahaha!

I actually meant it in place of a passport/photo ID. I get ID'd alot (funny considering my age) and having lost my passport I can't get a drivers licence. Right pain in the arse!

5 passports would be nice. That would make a grand total of 5 passports (or seven), lol.

sekura

Full Registered User
Col,

List is full, reopening to applicants on the the 32nd of Soctober 2018

And we have run out of briefcases.

Sekura,
There used to be an unwritten rule whereby a card carrying member of the “Door Registration Schemeâ€, which was run locally via police and councils long before the SIA broke the system down to levy their fees when you did indeed get into venues free as you were a Doorman, it was a professional / friendly gesture.
Plus believe it or not most people knew and respected the other teams it’s how pubwatch was born.

As for is an SIA license valid ID
No it is not, I seem to remember this is because it doesn’t display your full name or date of birth.
That and there are thousands of counterfeit ones.

Regards

premier
I wonder how many (%) IDs doormen come across which are fakes.

Top Bottom