Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is there one Martial Arts that is for Security

Heno

Full Registered User
One of the reasons why I like Kelly Mc Cann's stuff ;-)
Don't know a whole lot about him but from what I gather, his is based upon Fairbairns system.

Big fan of Fairbairn myself, he epitomised the KISS principles, the simpler something is, the easier it is to learn and it's easily remembered.

This is especially true in times of high stress when the body goes into flight or flight mode and isn't really capable of fine motor movements, only gross motor movement.

If it didn't work, or there were doubts, it wasn't taught. Simple as that, he taught only what worked.

Granted, his system was not pretty, it wasn't really designed for restraint either but it was born out of conflict on the streets of Shanghai and later during WWII. It simply had to work.

Heno

doorman25

Longterm Registered User
I agree Doorman, there is no magic, all encompassing Martial Art/SD system.

Wish there was though!

Aikido, form what I understand can be very effective, so can KM or BJJ. But they all depend on the circumstances. A young aggressive 18/19 year old full of alcohol and cocaine and angry with the world isn't going to feel any restraints that rely on pain compliance, until the next morning that is.

Likewise, knocking someone out isn't going to do you any favours if the person you just knocked out was an over enthusiatic fan of your principle.

It's using the right tool for the right job and keeping it simple. No point learning hundreds of moves if you can't remember them when the shit hits the fan, or learning different moves for every conceivable situation. Better to learn just a few moves that work for most situations and practice practice practice them until it's ingrained in your muscle memory.

If you learn just 2 moves and train in them until they become instinctive, you will become far more formidable and dangerous than if you become just ok with many moves.

Heno

Cheers Heno thanks for talking sense, theres a lot on here that talk the talk, and crawl the walk!!

Cheers...

kudos

Full Registered User
Kapap Lotar Is a very good place to start....have a look on what its all about:

YouTube - KAPAP ACADEMY LLC. - Israeli self defense and CQB

This will explain the origins of ALL Israeli Fighting systems

Kapap Academy Japan - Krav Maga is Not Alone

also Silat is Also a good place to start

have a look at this art too

RAW COMBAT INTERNATIONAL - Home

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70YxG1HOgQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - Bodyguard Handshake Tricks- Locks, Throws, Restraints & more[/ame]

Ive trained with Luke Holloway....his system is very good He trains the Japanese Special Forces and Law enforcement

Hope the links help

Last edited:

kudos

Full Registered User
SPETSNAZ...rUSSION CQB OR H2H SYSTEM...iTS GOOD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYq8EueDYNM&feature=related"]YouTube - russian spetsnaz secret techniques[/ame]

kudos

Full Registered User
However If you are a doorman I think in order to take up a hand to hand or close quarter combat system that is conducive to owning an SIA Badge one of the preferred systems is goin to have to be Cherry picked in order to ensure the majority of the curriculums moves contains mainly disarms and restraints....after all How will you be able to keep your badges if your using critical strikes and inflicting injuries on bad unruly customers....alternatively learn a decent module of a easy to remember system to cover you for self defence but refrain from using offensive moves and try to keep it stricty defensive always remembering to show your empty and cautious hands to the cctv as so to Try to cover your arse before anything goes down....Any way you slice it ...it a pickle...However if your into CP then same again except if engaged then let them have it Hard and Fast then, Get the hell out....You will just have to explain later.

M4MED

Longterm Registered User
S.P.E.A.R. SYSTEM = One move! Biomechanically inbuilt gross motor skill (Startle / flinch conversion to a combative application), so it never fails and is always faster than any learnt or taught technique (fine motor skill) - in an ambush, acts as the bridge to your own system and buys you the time and space to bring your close quarter tools into play (whether it be KM, KFM, Aikido...)
www.tonyblauer.com
Either way, hard, fast and aggressive (in as few strikes as possible) and then get out.... if you're tunnel visioned on hammering the bad guy, what's happening to the client behind you?

Last edited:
Systema uses discrete blows
difficult to distinguish from CCTV camera in a night club.
Systema has hits that seem more with a friendly movement and each case is a case of course .
Kappap and Krav Maga don't have critical strikes ?
If you stay work in a Disco door you don´t use Military (spetsnaz) .

Our regards .

Last edited:

M4MED

Longterm Registered User
S.P.E.A.R. SYSTEM = One move! Biomechanically inbuilt gross motor skill (Startle / flinch conversion to a combative application), so it never fails and is always faster than any learnt or taught technique (fine motor skill) - in an ambush, acts as the bridge to your own system and buys you the time and space to bring your close quarter tools into play (whether it be KM, KFM, Aikido...)
www.tonyblauer.com
Either way, hard, fast and aggressive (in as few strikes as possible) and then get out.... if you're tunnel visioned on hammering the bad guy, what's happening to the client behind you?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QkJGxPytQI"]YouTube - Blauer Tactical Systems SPEAR Introduction[/ame]

Stay safe

Last edited:

kudos

Full Registered User
Systema uses discrete blows
difficult to distinguish from CCTV camera in a night club.
Systema has hits that seem more with a friendly movement and each case is a case of course .
Kappap and Krav Maga don't have critical strikes ?
If you stay work in a Disco door you don´t use Military (spetsnaz) .

Our regards .
Well if Systema uses discrete blows I would love to see an indescrete blow in the system,you would be in orbit!!...Have a closer look ..do these Systema combat moves look discrete to you? They dont seem to look like friendly movements to me unless the CCTV Operative "Didnt go to Specsavers" or wast trained to use the slow motion replay?...I cant see how "They are difficult to Distinguish"

Take a look!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_dzu4TQDs"]YouTube - What is Systema? Systema Self Defense Mega clip[/ame]

Krav Maga and Kapap Lotar both have critical strikes in their curriculums many other systems too!! Critical....meaning (Serious)..I believe they do!
Provided that the blow is applied in a CRITICAL MANNER

critical (SERIOUS) Show phonetics
adjective
extremely serious or dangerous:
Both drivers are critical/in a critical condition (= so badly hurt that they might die) after the 120mph crash

In relation to the Spetnaz Doorman Scenario...Im sure if he/she was rushed by multiple asailants looking to do them harm...Id amagine they WOULD Find it Very useful

Gorillanobaka1977

Longterm Registered User
In relation to the Spetnaz Doorman Scenario...Im sure if he/she was rushed by multiple asailants looking to do them harm...Id amagine they WOULD Find it Very useful

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTEND....

Spetnaz Doorman Scenario ...is normal in Russia ,Romania, Yugoslavia...The level of violence is different in these countries and therefore the training to deal with the situation would be different..

You try to apply Conflict Management & Non-Aggressive Physical Intervention bollocks with these guys and it will not work...It will actually get you injured or worst ..Killed ....A 15 years old kid will take you out in no time ....Different coutries different culture ...different training..

Trust me on this...

Well if Systema uses discrete blows I would love to see an indescrete blow in the system,you would be in orbit!!...Have a closer look ..do these Systema combat moves look discrete to you? They dont seem to look like friendly movements to me unless the CCTV Operative "Didnt go to Specsavers" or wast trained to use the slow motion replay?...I cant see how "They are difficult to Distinguish"

Take a look!
YouTube - What is Systema? Systema Self Defense Mega clip

Krav Maga and Kapap Lotar both have critical strikes in their curriculums many other systems too!! Critical....meaning (Serious)..I believe they do!
Provided that the blow is applied in a CRITICAL MANNER

critical (SERIOUS) Show phonetics
adjective
extremely serious or dangerous:
Both drivers are critical/in a critical condition (= so badly hurt that they might die) after the 120mph crash

My freind Systema must be most discreet as possible .
Is Russian mentality .
Russian don't like much publicity mate .
All martial arts all self defense sistms have critical atack or counter atack movements .
Nobody can say this is the best the other is not all dependes from difrent factors one is the human factor .
I don't know any martial art or self denfence sistem if you use when heat arrive to you and a CTTV camera record that and Police see you don't loose your SIA Badge (Human Rights) for bad guys .
But if any security officer think abaut that when go to work that is not good .
Try avoid but if the time come just do it protect yourself for you can protect others .

P.S- Thanks for the lesson mate .

Oddjob

There is no one system that is the be all and end all.
Train in a few styles, but get on that mat, get used to fending off and moving people around, hands on practise is the key. Take what you can from each style, become proficient and comfortable with it.
Wieghts etc helps, but handle real people, real bodies, their wieght isn't spread evenly, everyone moves differently.
Learn some simple locks and restraints, as well, they do come in handy.
This physical confrontation on a regular basis helps control the fight/flight responce.
I like Aikido, I have done Boxing, judo, wing chun, and took something from everything. but nothing beats hands on practise.

steven123

Full Registered User
Wolfen i have only one question to u. Have u tried anything yet? Almost one mounth since u have started a thread. U have received some realy good advise so started something yet tested some classes?

steven123

Full Registered User
Systema ok i have many questions abot this so called spetnaz system 1any historie that spetnaz forces used this ? Icouldnt find anything 2 in my world if i wouldnt use a hand guard well i would be in trouble if i would fight one attacker i t should be natural to raise ur hands in a fight it is the basic have some sort of fighting stence even if u have never learned anything fighting against 3 attackers and doing what the guy in the vido did for me is suicide i would better run and one mo 2 more things damn im tired ill keepet short 1in the mega vid i have seen the kyokushin sign on some guys kimono kyo is full contact no gloves that would be funny to see which one can take more bullshit in my eyes 2 if u believe u can fight like that not mentioning the mulltiple opponents attack u never been in a fight before but please explain me how that could work in this highly regarded world of systema steven

Krav

A real team player - a forum regular!
He Steven,

It would be nice if you would use sentences that use points, question marks, commas and capital letters a bit more. It would be easier to read :D.

regards mate!

Tata!

Top Bottom