Is there one Martial Arts that is for Security

2 cents from Russia...

I am looking for the best Martial Arts for security

Pal, it's a very serious question... :confused:

I agree with those colleagues, who believe that MA and security are completely different things... :cool:

IMO, any MA is a way to self-perfection... oriental philosophy etc...
Any job in security areas has a main aim - decision of probably operative situation (russian term; it means realistic scenario ;))... and nothing more...

But selfdefence and security are very different 2...;)
Paradox? Not in our case... Because if you're a member of field security team (or another kind of job with firearm) you're a shooter at first; at second and you're a shooter in third again... Where you're a martial artist? Who knows...

If you're a door supervisor and haven't even baton, you need in comlex of restraint and pain compliance techniques...

In other words, I support an opinion of that colleague, who told about use of force in accordance with ROE... It may be Fairbairn-Sykes system (Shanghai Antiriot Squad, - why not?:cool:)... What you have in Commonwealth else?

And some words about Ryabko's Systema and Systema Spetsnaz by Starov...
Folks, they are private commercial projects by both individuals and never haven't any relations to our SpecOps Community :D... like their authors too...

2 Gorillanobaka 1977:
Your fears about the level of violence in Russia haven't any basement...
Trust ME, mate, I'm in theme...:cool:

Regards,
Valen

Last edited:
Pal, it's a very serious question... :confused:

2 Gorillanobaka 1977:
Your fears about the level of violence in Russia haven't any basement...
Trust ME, mate, I'm in theme...:cool:

Regards,
Valen

Hey Valen ...

That`s always good news to hear....Russia as we know it it changes...So does Romania..and most of the violent countries...

But last time i checked the level of violence was still way beyond the other countries...

Hey i am talking about the general situation not the certain specific posh areas...

Hey Valen ...

That`s always good news to hear....Russia as we know it it changes...So does Romania..and most of the violent countries...

But last time i checked the level of violence was still way beyond the other countries...

Hey i am talking about the general situation not the certain specific posh areas...

The general situation in Russia is by no means way beyond other countries.

Rich H

Crosstraining.
Get your standing work from Thai-boxing ( punches, kicks, blocks )
Groundwork from BJJ.
Can't go wrong with this formula.
Of course, you can not buy it out of a box and learn in a day.
Train, then train, after that train some more.
You should have started to train this the time you were concidering a profession in the field of security.
I did, some 30 yrs back.

Crosstraining.
Get your standing work from Thai-boxing ( punches, kicks, blocks )
Groundwork from BJJ.
Can't go wrong with this formula.

Good advice...
It has happened in early 90ies... Officer from Moscow AntiRiot Squad during arrest situation made decision, that his punch-kick combo is better than service AKSu... He was a kickboxer and fought in cruiserweight... Suspect had another opinion and grab officer's MP during standing encounter... Officer was fatally wounded by hisown firearm ...
Suspect was killed by others officers ...
Martial Art...

Offtop:
Ahoy, folks!
IMO, privacy freedom in Russia isn't a theme of our discuss...
)))

Stay aware...

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
What ever works for you. Everyone is different. You just have to find what works best for you. Everyone will tell you that theres is the best. You only know it works when your winning fights. 3 moves is all you need to start and practice them day in day out.

Train Hard Fight Easy fittest man wins

Back