Is there one Martial Arts that is for Security

as i posted at the beginning of this thread,

there is no 'COMPLETE' martial art/defense, simple as that, look at your situation/work environment and tailor your training where appropriate......

there are v good stand up concepts,
and there are very good ground game concepts,

again what works for one doesnt for another, try and try and try, until you find something you think suits......

james.

I got so pissed of with all these stupid questions...

A martial art is A MARTIAL ART...IT TAKES F...UCKING YEARS TO BE LEARNED...I practice since i am 15 and still i got days when i feel like complete moron when i do realize that i have not learned it all yet..

You know, it is a well known fact that in this field the more you learn the more you realize that you know **** all..A friend of mine just got back from a course with Hatsumi sensei and showed me few tricks ...That was when i felt like a kid on his first day at school!

WAKE UP GUYS!!! You do not want a MARTIAL ART FOR SECURITY...WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS A SELF DEFENCE COURSE!

I have to agree here.
Altrhough you can learn "about" the basic priciples of Krav Maga in a few days, it will take you considerably longer to apply them correctly.
To master Krav Maga will take you years.

Kikaku ...that`s quite a famous name...

C`mon...Let`s hear a haiku or a haikai...

:)

Yes, its a famous name....but generally only to little Ninjas...and I'am little

For renditions of Japanese poems, I charge an hourly fee in cash and in advance. If you ever come on one of my courses i'll recite one for free.

Yes, its a famous name....but generally only to little Ninjas...and I'am little

For renditions of Japanese poems, I charge an hourly fee in cash and in advance. If you ever come on one of my courses i'll recite one for free.

Do`h

Money... I am skint...

Here is one for you....

kaki kueba kane ga naru nari ....

Remember the rest???

Masaoka Shiki

I like this one...I learned it from my girlfriend...She is japanese

No one has looked at the obvious here: Just ask the wife to show what she does to you on a Friday night when you roll home from the pub out of your tree. Trouble is I can never remember :cool: The sunglasses help hide the bruises

TommyS

Do`h

Money... I am skint...

Here is one for you....

kaki kueba kane ga naru nari ....

Remember the rest???

Masaoka Shiki

I like this one...I learned it from my girlfriend...She is japanese

Money??
Going to be running a FREE CQC training day at the NSC in September/October

Will post details soon.

i agree with rapier on aikido being the best martial art for security because its more defence based not an aggresive form but a defence based martial art with locks and holds and uses oponents body weight against them ideal for keeping your badge and not losing it in the courts due to having to deliver your agression

hi mate

I do Akido at present and not that impressed Krav manga is supposed to be very good and i did ninjitsu for 2 yrs.

Krav Manga... is that a version with naked Japanese ladies in it?
If so, where do I sign up?

Neah,,

That was the nice version...

You are asking for hentai
hentai1.jpg

Guys/Girls,
I've posted a thread under training 'Free CQC Course' In case you didnt notice it, I would like to invite you all to it whether you are an expert or Novice, experienced or no experience at all.

For those of you who want the 'Totty Jutsu' I'll speak to some friends at Spearmint :)

Michael

Hi All,

The fact of the matter is there is no best martial art for security doors or otherwise.

some forms maybe more practical than others but its really down to the person and the situation they find themselves in..

I have never trained in Akido but from my understanding and speaking to people face to face and on this forum recently it takes a long time to become profficant at it.

All the moves and all the techniques in the world wont help, when the adrelin kicks in, your heart feels like its going to explode, and your sweating like gary glitter in court.!!

Everyone has to find something that works for them, what works for me might not work for the next person.

it is true however that looking or being aggressive can call your job on the door into question with the management, your company or even the police and S.I.A, but as long as your prepared to justify what you've done, and you know how to write a statement, and have a little knowledge of the law this will go a long way...!!

One of the reasons i do not like akido amongest other martial arts is becasue it seems to be a case of "if i grab you like this you do that, or if you grabbed you like that id do this" fine in a dojo but making it work one on one in the street, on the door is a different matter.

Akido maybe fine for the police, these guys do a difficult and hard job, but you usually have 3 plus officers dealing with one aggressor on a friday&saturday and they are far better equipped than the doorstaff.

we as doorstaff have to deal with the same type of "client" as the police, using extremely limited tools, i still strongly advocate using a fence, trying to talking an agressor down, psyching them out, and using a pre emptive strike closed or open handed....!

There is no best martial art for security..... There is no best martial art period................

I agree Doorman, there is no magic, all encompassing Martial Art/SD system.

Wish there was though!

Aikido, form what I understand can be very effective, so can KM or BJJ. But they all depend on the circumstances. A young aggressive 18/19 year old full of alcohol and cocaine and angry with the world isn't going to feel any restraints that rely on pain compliance, until the next morning that is.

Likewise, knocking someone out isn't going to do you any favours if the person you just knocked out was an over enthusiatic fan of your principle.

It's using the right tool for the right job and keeping it simple. No point learning hundreds of moves if you can't remember them when the shit hits the fan, or learning different moves for every conceivable situation. Better to learn just a few moves that work for most situations and practice practice practice them until it's ingrained in your muscle memory.

If you learn just 2 moves and train in them until they become instinctive, you will become far more formidable and dangerous than if you become just ok with many moves.

Heno

One of the reasons why I like Kelly Mc Cann's stuff ;-)

If you learn just 2 moves and train in them until they become instinctive, you will become far more formidable and dangerous than if you become just ok with many moves.

Heno

Back