Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ISMI level 6 diploma v Btec level 5 diploma in security management

Gaz1982

Full Registered User
Just wondering if any 1 has done the

International Security Management Institute (ISMI) .Certified Security Management Professional (CSMP) 12-module Level 6 Diploma programme at £750.00

and / or if so what is the difference between this 1 and the level 5 Btec by the security institute @£2000.00

I no they are different providers and the price is way different but a level 6 for half the price of a level 5 there must be something.

any advice on this would be great thanks in advance Gaz

Standeasy

Longterm Registered User
Accredited by Industry Qualifications, whatever that is. Certainly not part of the NQF therefore the 'level 6' is not comparable.
I'd suggest you get what you pay for.

D

DavidISMI

Thank-you for raising this thread. The Certified Security Management Professional (CSMP) L6 Diploma, like the SyI Diploma, is accredited on the CQF (Customised Qualifications Framework) – a parallel to the NQF. We chose IQ Industry Qualifications to accredit CSMP as it is like Edexcel/Pearson (BTEC) only more attuned to the security sector. The CSMP is hugely popular; 100 security managers and consultants enrol every two months, providing us with the economies of scale to enable us to offer the qualification at a really competitive fee of £750 (+VAT). There can be no better endorsement than to say that security managers from 7 of the world’s top 10 companies are enrolled. It is also accredited by Skills for Security and as part of that process mapped against the UK NOS for Security Management. However, what CSMP is not is a specific close protection qualification. It is generic in content, so we have a broad client base including military, peacekeeping observers, police, diplomatic protection, government security inspectors, corporate security, consultants, etc. We have students in 94 countries, including high-risk environments such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Gaza, Somalia etc., from where students report that application of the CSMP materials is making a real difference in terms of risk management. ISMI or email enquiries@ismi.org.uk . We have great confidence in our course and we are happy to share our student feedback and sample units. All assignments marked by professional, qualified security managers.

archie

Longterm Registered User
Dave are you saying that the level 6 would be the equivalent of an honors on the following table?
National Qualifications Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I can jump in? The NQF and FHEQ levels are not the same. Higher Education (University) and Further Education (College) levels are different. University programmes are not required to map to NOS or other industry frameworks - although they often are as part of the development and design process. University levels are correctly listed on the wiki page - but putting them in columns that indicate that they are equivalent to the NQF levels is wrong.

Its a common and understandable misconception and is caused by the development of two separate systems in one industry/sector and one that causes a lot of confusion. I can see that you have been asking on a few threads about training and education and it is difficult to assess your best options. It comes down to:

Budget

Commitment and ability to attend face to face teaching

Quality and level of courses available

Where you want to be in the sector

Good luck in choosing!

Mac1401

Full Registered User
Agreed Archie, I who am in the industry am having a hard time plowing through all the data in order to assess the different qualifications and their levels and comparing them to course content, cost and length in order to get the best return for my time and money invested, hence my questions here on this forum, I honestly don't think that a recruiter outside the industry would go to that much trouble in order to assess based on my CV whether or not I am qualified for a position. For that reason I think I am going to follow the path of a BTEC level 5 with Perpetuity training through the Bucks university and continue to a masters or bachelors degree after both of which are instantly recognizable the world over inside or outside the industry.

Top Bottom