Israel issues warning to Iran over nuclear bomb report

SCT

Security Directors
An Israeli defense official says a new report claiming Iran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to build a nuclear bomb in less than a month is further justification for why Israel will take military action before that happens.

Danny Danon, Israel's deputy defense minister told USA Today that Iran is speedily moving to develop advanced centrifuges that will enable it to enrich uranium needed for nuclear weapons within weeks.
"We have made it crystal clear – in all possible forums, that Israel will not stand by and watch Iran develop weaponry that will put us, the entire Middle East and eventually the world, under an Iranian umbrella of terror," Danny Danon, Israel's deputy defense minister told USA Today......... Read Full Article

this endless string of warnings from Israel has gone on for so long - that I don't beleive anyone is listening any more. especially the people in Tehran.

the lesson for Israel is simple - make your warnings infrequent then back them up with real action. or otherwise say nothing.

KL

Devils Advocate here but it's ok for Israel to have nukes (although never publicly admitted to) but Iran not to...

Its obvious Iran has been on the charm offensive lately and should a pre emptive strike happen to stop Iran reaching nuclear capability what will the fall out be over this ?

There again Iran having nukes capability/knowledge which they could sell/pass onto other rogue states is s sore subject could be interesting to watch from the sidelines how this unfolds.

Devils Advocate here but it's ok for Israel to have nukes (although never publicly admitted to) but Iran not to...

Its obvious Iran has been on the charm offensive lately and should a pre emptive strike happen to stop Iran reaching nuclear capability what will the fall out be over this ?

There again Iran having nukes capability/knowledge which they could sell/pass onto other rogue states is s sore subject could be interesting to watch from the sidelines how this unfolds.

Can't resist the advocate :) Israel doesn't want to take over the world and kill all the non-Jews and I can't remember the last time I saw a Jewish suicide bomber.

Last edited:
Nukes, no country should have them, this is an extreme cowards way out. But now it is too late, because if every nation got ride of their nukes then it would only be the terrorist & criminals with them. It is one of those things that is hard to deal with.

In an ideal world - it would be nice to see WMD's eliminated from all the countries in the ME. I couldn't agree more with this. But I don't think for one second that it will ever happen - so I'm not holding my breath :)

If Israel does bomb Iran ... I would expect a major ramping-up of terrorism. Iran almost certainly must have backup plans to activate Hezbollah, along with individual intel agents from the Revolutionary Guards, and probably a dozen other terrorist organizations as well. I would think that these people would focus heavily on Jewish and American targets - in Europe, Africa, Central & South America, and even the US homeland if they could get there. So significant activity in terrorist operations would seem to be a very logical consequence of such an attack.

It would also unleash major battles within Iran, Lebanon and Israel. And although the Israeli's are publicly saying they expect casualties in their country on the scale of "hundreds" ... I am very skeptical and think they will see much larger losses of human life. That may not stop them though - if they see this issue as a "make or break" engagement.

cheers,
KL

Personally I really do not think that Israel will do anything other than keep barking, that country lost their bite when Meir Dagan retired. The entire middle east I think help celebration party's the day Dagan retired because everyone in the middle east & Russia knew that they could do what ever they wanted and Israel would only run their mouth.

Israel bombing Iran would be like Luxembourg bombing China or Great Britain bombing Russia, all they would get in would be that initial strike. Israel would have only one choice in such a conflict, will they kill them selves or will they be killed, either way it is a total loss.

I'm also less sure. If Israel just voices warnings - but does not act - then their credibility is going to be shot to pieces.
If they do attack, they would have to hit Lebanon as well as Iran - and hit them both pretty hard. I'm not sure they have the resources to do a divided attack effectively ... that could be a big headache. I suppose we are going to find out.

KL

Back