It was only a matter of time

LJH1

Longterm Registered User
Now here's an article I'd like to share, although the finer details are still a little sketchy, you get the idea.

Drone 'containing radiation' lands on roof of Japanese PM's office | World news | The Guardian

With the rapidly increasing availability of drones to the general public it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Although the story here seems to me like a 'dummy run' testing the water, it highlights the point that a new threat is emerging and raises the question of how do you defend against a threat of this nature.

Customloads

Super Moderator
Drones are a bit of a nightmare situation really... park up as close as you can, deploy it or them and if they are navigating by GPS be on your way before anyone even knows they are approaching.

deltasierra70

Longterm Registered User
Drones are a bit of a nightmare situation really... park up as close as you can, deploy it or them and if they are navigating by GPS be on your way before anyone even knows they are approaching.

Episode One (I think) of Man From Uncle (1964) featured the use of a drone by the "Bad Guys" and the following day there were urgent "What the eff do we do about projecting from them?" meetings in the office and the 'Top Floor' moved into the basement kicking our lot out. Ah, memories... another time, another world. I was in Wales at the time, so missed the fun.
Some of the buildings in 'Town' have GPS jammers and spoofers on the roofs. (I doubt if any of it works as intended)