K-9 Body Armour, do you kit your dog out with it?

I meant that if a country sends men to a war zone, then that country may have an obligation with regard to kit and specification as to what protection it needs to provide for those men as they have rights as humans. Dogs do not have these " human" rights- they are property and in the context of this thread, there is no legal obligation to buy them body armour.

from a legal and physiological and practical point of view they may not be an ideal piece of kit.

Whilst a dog may not have substantiated and recognised Rights in Law per se...it is protected in law

.....and amongst man's many rights, there is no clause giving him the right to harm them..in fact there are many Laws /Acts etc internationally that deal with such matters.

Dogs are protected in law as property and have no inherent rights as anything other than that, and an individuals right to own property is a fundamental european human right. So a dog is protected under European human rights legislation by being protected as a commodity to buy and sell- they are property.

To kill a dog in the UK instantly ( no pain and suffering) is not an offence. There is no crime called dog murder, same with the various Australian state laws.

Interestingly the only time an animal is elevated to personhood status is under the sexual offences act where a dog is, for the time of a sexual act, treated as a victim and not property. It is because those that commit sexual offences against animals were previously not able to be placed upon the sexual offenders register as an animal under the law has no inherent rights and an animal could not be considered a victim and in order to be a sexual offender you must have committed an offence and a victum must be offended against- property cannot be victim. Special consideration (IN the UK) was given to animals that were subject to a sexual assault and offenders can be placed on the sexual offenders list in the uk if he commits a sex act with an animal. Some european countries will not make bestiality an offence for this reason, it gives animals personhood status and opens up a whole can of comparisons with regard to murder, housing, social benefit etc, this right for animals to have temporarily elevated personhood status may be considered unconstitutional.

probably more than you needed to know.

Originally Posted by GMC
Whilst a dog may not have substantiated and recognised Rights in Law per se...it is protected in law

Dogs are protected in law QUOTE]

Yeah, I reckon we're singing from the same page there Digger!

....although...*cough*..ahem... you do seem to have a much more indepth knowledge of Beastiality and accordingly I will bow to your superior..ness and declare you the winner!
Anyway I fear we've gone off subject, perhaps we should allow the OP to get back to his original Advert..oops sorry meant Thread!

Back