Letter of no objection from GP

mr2drifter

Hi all, as the title states, I need to provide a letter of no objection from my GP. The problem is that my GP has no idea what one is. I explained it is a letter from yourself stating you have no objection (in a medical sense) to me carrying a firearm. My GP then said "oh, is it for a shotgun licence?". I've explained No. Is there a template or an example letter floating around here anywhere so I can show him? Thanks in advance and sorry for this being long winded

premier

Longterm Registered User
I explained it is a letter from yourself stating you have no objection (in a medical sense) to me carrying a firearm. My GP then said "oh, is it for a shotgun licence?"

mr2drifter,
If your GP has no objection to you having a shotgun there surely there isn’t an issue unless he thinks you can’t harm anyone with a shotgun, in which case he is in need of his own letter from a doctor.

Regards

premier

mr2drifter

Hahaha very true. I think he was unsure on the wording,context etc. I've explained it a little bit more to him and he's on the case. Next mission is to find somewhere that carries out the ENG1 Medical examination

GI0VANNI

Longterm Registered User
ENG1: contact you local sea cadets and they will be able to help you, the port authorities usually have no clue about but as the cadets train for boats(adults and kids) and the like usually have a "preferred" doctor to go to.

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
One of my colleges, (Marsec) got in a kerfuffle doing door work one night, he was bricking it before court. luckily the judge saw the offense as it was, the scroates needed fekked out and he did it, all power to him but it went to court and he was found not guilty.... Anyway if you want a letter just tell them SCT said it's okay to have a firearm... That'll work

Boomer

Full Registered User
No need to shop around as the price is fixed for ENG1. Just find the nearest and book early.