List of Negative Calorie Foods

mally1

Administrator
Saw this info elsewhere, basically food which takes more calories to burn, so free to eat. (Body burns more calories digesting and processing them than what is in the actual food)

Fruits

apple, cranberries, grapefruit, lemon, mango, orange, pineapple, raspberries,strawberries, tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus, beetroot, broccoli, cabbage (green), carrot, cauliflower, celery, Chile peppers (hot), cucumber, dandelion, cress, garlic, green beans, lettuce, onion, radishes, spinach, turnip

Would this apply to the fruits if they are dried, been eating a lot of dried cranberries, dried mango and dried banana lately.

Depends on how they're dried... normally they add sugar and preservatives when fruit is dried. Which negates the positives.

Interesting post Mally, I'd heard about celery before butcseems that the same applies to most veg and also fruit.Seems that list would only be a sample of some of the foods. If carrot is negative I would think that parsnip is, turnip is on the list so swede is probably good as well. I expect that some are more negative than others. Seems that you'd need a degree in nutrition to understand all the different properties of foods or the way they interact with each other. I think for most people its best just to keep to mostly natural foods with a suitable balance of carbs, protein, fruit and veg, and vary the foods eaten and all should be well.

I think there are probably a lot of people eat fruit as a natural energy source, when it seems it is not.

Afraid to say negative calorie food doesn't exist, that would mean we could eat ourselves into a deficit. This was a myth that came about by bodybuilders trying to encourage people to eat more fruit and veg in order for them to treat their micronutrients as important as their macronutrients.

Could provide studies if you like.

Afraid to say negative calorie food doesn't exist, that would mean we could eat ourselves into a deficit. This was a myth that came about by bodybuilders trying to encourage people to eat more fruit and veg in order for them to treat their micronutrients as important as their macronutrients.

Yep sadly there's no such thing as a negative calorie food. If there was I'd not look like I do for sure.

You Tube Video

Apart from Rabbit....in the mid 1800s, prospectors in the Yukon starved to death despite eating rabbits. The problem was that they weren't eating anything else and it takes more to digest than you would gain.

So, want to shed some lard, scoff bunny...

Apart from Rabbit....in the mid 1800s, prospectors in the Yukon starved to death despite eating rabbits. The problem was that they weren't eating anything else and it takes more to digest than you would gain.

Does the same apply to pussy....cats

I'm not entirely sure that it takes more to digest as it does to consume, because all the cases of people suffering from malnutrition come from people who were trapping and exploring so needed a high energy intake. So it wasn't necessarily that the rabbit had "negative calories" but just that it wasn't providing enough, it is also an issue that you need a certain amount of fats and oils, not just as calories but they help transport other nutrients around the body and store them. The first time I heard about the rabbit starvation issue, that documentary said there was an issue with rabbit meat not containing certain trace nutrients which other meats did.
I can't imagine that in terms of calories, rabbit would be much different than squirrel, they would both be very lean but squirrels have a very different diet and so their meat may contain very different trace minerals.

Back