London accom?

Customloads

Super Moderator
I used to stay at the Naval Club in Mayfair, but gave up my membership when I moved offshore. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good value place to stay in London?

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Earls court BnB, there are 100's of them.

Probably about £35-£45 per night.

Alwasy cheaper to share a twin room though.

UJC and VSC prices have increased me thinks.

CM

Customloads

Super Moderator
The VSC rates are still very good, shame I am not a member though. :(

There was a lovely pub near Earls Court that did rooms, cant remember the name of course. But that is too far out for me this time around.

Exile71

Longterm Registered User
County hall Marriott just over the river, 5 minute walk and believe parking is £10 a night, if not i know of a secure car park 2 minutes away that is £10 for 24hrs. Very nice hotel and can get rooms for about £100 a night ranging right up into £0000's a night. I have stayed there twice but someone else was paying :) good bar and food too.

Exile

XXMONKXX

Full Registered User
You should get say 10 working cpo's together and share the rent on a 2 bedroom flat and fill with bump beds a washing machine and iron.

ginge3746

Longterm Registered User
I've found cheap digs all over on Booking.com, it's a free app on the iPhone. Once you altered the filters usually comes up with good cheap options.

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
sofa in my conservatory. £30 a night, ill do you a fry up in the morning. 20 mins from central london

ENJ1986

Longterm Registered User
You should get say 10 working cpo's together and share the rent on a 2 bedroom flat and fill with bump beds a washing machine and iron.

You have a point but also if you got half a million CPOs to give a £1 each, you could build a house cheap and then live in it for free when it's built.....

My point is, he wasn't asking for 10 people to fill a flat......

Yes, I'm in a piss taking mood today......

pretor

Full Registered User
Would be Travelodge any good ?..there are plenty around, I spent a night once and seemed basic but ok.

AMCMW

Longterm Registered User
I stayed in Travelodges in London, five days a week, for over a year. Central London, unless it's really out of season or you book mega early, you'll struggle to get one for less than £60/£70 a night. That adds up. The cheapest one was always Docklands, out on the DLR, I sometimes got that for £40 a night. It's a hole, and it's out of the way for most CP work, but it's there.

As someone has already mentioned, Earls Court always has something on a budget, I stayed there whilst working a job in Mayfair. £30 a night, 10 mins to Hyde Park Corner on the Piccadilly line, a pretty good option.

I you know you'll be down there for a stretch, there's one-month short term lets on "modern apartments" (bedsits) in Earls Court, Kensington, Baywater, Notting Hill Etc. You can get them for £250 a week, may sound a lot but that's £35 a night plus you get a cooker, fridge, washing machine etc which will save on expenses. Only worthwhile if you have a stretch of work squared away.

leedsrhinos

Full Registered User
La Reserve hotel. Its next to the Chelsea ground. Its not great but it does the job. 2 of us got it for £50 per night but that was for 3 weeks continuous.

olliebryant

Full Registered User
there is plenty of accom around the golders green and swiss cottage area in hampstead, i was on a job 145 a day so finding a room that didnt eat all my wages was near impossible.

what i did look into before i left was flat shares, there are loads for around 140 a week, from student flat shares to working young professionals, for a days wages a week, you can keep the room for a long as you want and have a base in london.

avsecman

I just got an ensuite room at LSE near Waterloo Bridge for £60 a night (with brekkie included). If you can handle a shared bathroom the price is a mere £40. University halls and meals are much better than in the 80s but are still just lodgings. Nonetheless the price is OK and the location great - only available in university holidays though...

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Used similar at University College a couple years ago.

...student digs have come a LONG way since I was a kid ! :(

v :)

Exile71

Longterm Registered User
Booking.com

Loads of great deals, have found quite a few cheap hotels in very central locations.

Exile71