Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for executive cp, low risk cp, residential security and events.

Marcus1988

Full Registered User
My name is Marcus Gardner and I currently work for the Head Muppet of Trumpton as a security driver. I have just received my SIA Close protection licence and I am FPOSI Qualified. I want to get my foot in the door in the close protection world. I have a full drivers license and own transport so I can travel to any location and also have accommodation in leeds and in London.
Many thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

premier

Longterm Registered User
Marcus,

If I can give you any advice I'd tell you to stick with driving the mayor about.

Sounds like a long term gig.

Regards

premier

Marcus1988

Full Registered User
Marcus1988 My name is Marcus Gardner and I currently work for the ******** as a security driver. I have just received my SIA Close protection licence and I am FPOSI Qualified. I want to get my foot in the door in the close protection world. I have a full drivers license and own transport so I can travel to any location and also have accommodation in leeds and in London.
Many thanks
Marcus Gardner

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus1988

Full Registered User
Visioneer why are you messing with my post. You are making people look unprofessional and damaging images.

Visioneer

Super Moderator
In a seriously competitive industry, there are people out there that'll be having a word in your employer's ear, telling them you want to move on, and they're looking for YOUR job.

Marcus1988

Full Registered User
Hi V,
Apologies once again. Your advice is always welcome as I am fresh to the cp world.
Can I ask, if I am going to bits as self employed would I need to have insurance like public liability insurance etc?

littlewoman

Longterm Registered User
May I suggest that you look at the number of "intros" on this site of people new to the industry and looking for work and compare that to the number of jobs. The fact is that there are far more people looking for that sort of work than there is jobs to go around. One of the reason there are so many training companies is that training other people is more profitable than actually doing the job because there is a shortage of jobs to do. There is no shortage of people that can be sold a course on the false promise of lots of work.

ops1

Longterm Registered User
Spot on

May I suggest that you look at the number of "intros" on this site of people new to the industry and looking for work and compare that to the number of jobs. The fact is that there are far more people looking for that sort of work than there is jobs to go around. One of the reason there are so many training companies is that training other people is more profitable than actually doing the job because there is a shortage of jobs to do. There is no shortage of people that can be sold a course on the false promise of lots of work.
Absolutely spot on Littlewoman. I left the CP game 2 years ago due to lack of work. I'm still in the Security world, but luckily don't need a license where I am or what I'm doing.

Top Bottom