Losing fat in a confined environment

Arnaud

Longterm Registered User
Hi guys,

I'm presently at work, accomodation has no gym, and no place to have a jogg. It is HE so no way to go out of accom except for work.

We use a sort of TRX band and I managed to make a training sandbag of 16kg (will soon need to make it heavier, so maybe this type of training works, after all ? LOL).

No pull up bar either.....

All the rest is body weight training, which I hate, but after all the human body likes a bit of change, sometimes.

Now my question, how can I lose fat under such constraints ? I do my crossfit and burpees in all sorts of daily work-outs, but how should I do it ? I've been told I should minimize the rest time between any sets ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs, please don't waste time telling me that burning fat is long efforts and gaining mass is short, heavy reps.... I already know all that !!

Train in the square metre dot com mate... Therabands + or try this link Bia-fittness

This is a mate of mine, he has a good pedigree and a very similar background to ourselves...

Carl

First of all I am not a PT.
That said I would recommend you look up High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
Just google it lots of articles and tips. Also Youtube is full on different training videos, where you don`t need much, if any, gym equipment. Most positive thing about it is that it doesn`t take that much time and the effects should be better then just running on a treadmill for hours.
Also the other obvious and problably the most important part is diet.

Hope it helps a bit.
Stay safe and fit :)

Randel

Always utilized what was available on site, dining room or kitchen chair for the majority of exercises as CD s mates bit of kit,upper ledge of garage doors as pull up bars, car battery/heavy fire extinguisher for certain workouts, lots of stair work shadow boxing and the best of all a good quality skipping rope.and so on,you just cant take kit with you on travels,unless you buy it and leave on site for next bods.Mind you looking in the mirror i look like a bag of s**t.

I have a program called Dead Man Walking, which I put together when I was in similar digs. If you have a floor, a wall and a bed you can do it. It's interval training with no rest (maximum cardiovascular and muscular endurance impact). It takes 15 mins from start to finish, and is a lot harder than it reads. You're welcome to it:

60 seconds: Sprint on the spot, 100% speed and effort, knees as high as you can
30 seconds: Prison squats
30 seconds: Push ups
30 seconds: Dips (edge of the bed)
30 seconds: Crunches

Repeat 5 times, no rest, that's your 15 mins. Depending on your fitness level, maybe start with 3 sets, see how you get on.

You can mix it up - swap the squats for lunges, vary the width of the push ups, change the crunch method each set, swap the dips for handstand push ups. The only thing it lacks is pulling motion, but you can get creative with a bed frame.

It's tough. Ask most people to sprint on the spot, all out, for 60 seconds...and watch what happens. The sprinting and the squats send all the blood to your legs, making the upper body sets feel a lot harder.

Do it 6 days a week, 15 mins of your day, you'll stay lean and fit.

I hope that helps.

MW

Last edited:
I have a program called Dead Man Walking, which I put together when I was in similar digs. If you have a floor, a wall and a bed you can do it. It's interval training with no rest (maximum cardiovascular and muscular endurance impact). It takes 15 mins from start to finish, and is a lot harder than it reads. You're welcome to it:

Repeat 5 times, no rest, that's your 15 mins. Depending on your fitness level, maybe start with 3 sets, see how you get on.

You can mix it up - swap the squats for lunges, vary the width of the push ups, change the crunch method each set, swap the dips for handstand push ups. The only thing it lacks is pulling motion, but you can get creative with a bed frame.

It's tough. Ask most people to sprint on the spot, all out, for 60 seconds...and watch what happens. The sprinting and the squats send all the blood to your legs, making the upper body sets feel a lot harder.

I hope that helps.

MW

Giving this a bash tonight, need a bit of a shake up to regular stuff and it might be just what I need, especially with it being non-time consuming, cheers CPH2H!

TNF

Update: I added "mountain climbers" (where you're in pressup position and knee-to-elbow basically) just as an extra core exercise, absolute killer CPH2H!!! Took me 17 1/2 due to the extra exercise but I was full of lactic acid, breathing through my hoop and feeling very very sick after that, well impressed!!

Reminds me of the "chiryoku workout" that I had to do at jiu-jitsu, leg-and-lung repeated exercise to force upper body to work under oxygen starvation!

Beats running, definitely, cheers ;)

TNF

I hope that helps.

MW

Update: I added "mountain climbers" (where you're in pressup position and knee-to-elbow basically) just as an extra core exercise, absolute killer CPH2H!!! Took me 17 1/2 due to the extra exercise but I was full of lactic acid, breathing through my hoop and feeling very very sick after that, well impressed!!

Reminds me of the "chiryoku workout" that I had to do at jiu-jitsu, leg-and-lung repeated exercise to force upper body to work under oxygen starvation!

Beats running, definitely, cheers ;)

TNF

Excellent work out, as a qualified Fitness Instructor I can say this is very well written and well planned. The addition on the mountain climbers is good as most people lack with core exercises.

Ticks the box of being H.I.I.T (High Intensity Interval Training) and will not only accelerate fat burning but also boost your cardio vascular strength quickly.

Top work and keep it up and I will be joining you with this work out as soon as my blasted shoulder injury has gone! ¬_¬ stupid Rotator Cuff!

Bear :cool:

I will definitely be giving that season a go. I do 13-14 hr days with travelling and this will be ideal as I find it difficult to motivate myself after sitting behind a desk all day doing static corporate security

Back