Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

horizon

Longterm Registered User
I am Police Level 1 SV trained, Basic & Adv Driver and Covic trained.

Work with a agency that is not utilising my skills. Befor entering the private sector I wish to get trained up in the above.

Does anyone know of any good trainers?

Cherrs

Andy

Sounds like a good course buddy!

Im L1 SV trained as well mate, TVP a few years back now mind!

I'll keep my ear to the ground! There must be somebody!

Thinking though when i was doing CROP/RURAL work we used digital camera with IR lenses utilising IR spotlamps. Low light was the same, it wasnt that hard to be honest buddy!

Expensive equipment though!

BB

horizon

Longterm Registered User
Cheers mate,

I think that bog hightshot with IR Illum would suffice, however ....

Have a subject that only moves at night, so need a good 75m visual.

Customs NIS used to have an A1809 course?

Needs to be a clean shot.

Ta

horizon

Longterm Registered User
On a search engine for surv, as I am looking to go self employed, so if anyone knows of contract leads that would be appreciated.

hairypie

Try getting in touch with a company called Croma defence, they do some cracking low light video cameras, operate in 0.1 lux etc....have seen it workin too, you can get an identifiable mug shot from over 50m, the canines kahunas!!

No the other North!

Longterm Registered User
I can teach this for my organisation, stills and video, and do so for L1, L2, L3 and pre-Crops, also some refresher stuff for the rusty: normally just a quick brief before handing over kit for task.

Before you go too far, there is a balance to be struck between the time (and cost, if private, can't believe some of the prices I see for training courses) in acquiring the skills to achieve low/nil light stills, and the skills in adjusting tactics to compensate for acquiring low-light video. Essentially, the latter can achieve a useable result in less training time and capital expense on kit providing the practical tactics are well-considered.

Many Police L3 operatives, if given the choice, favour low-light video because it suits their competency framework. You might reconsider your one-off task in this light, so to speak.
Conversely, the most competent L1 look to the end-purpose of the product and deliver whatever is needed, using the intel-resources-objectives continuum.

One thing's for sure, it ain't for distance learning, and the proliferation of cheap Russian night-vision makes active IR a less attractive option in terms of operational and personal security.

horizon

Longterm Registered User
Who would teach such a course, would you be willing to do so?

Thanks for detailed reply.

Cheers

paladin100

Full Registered User
The guys at Wilplan Training - wee Mal could do this. Top man with top info. It's amazing what we got in the pitch dark. They are based in Standish near Wigan and you'll get their info on one of the search engines. Tell them the big man from Scotland recommended them. Yes, they may slam the phone down but I don't think so.
Success.
paladin

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
Yep Mal is a direct person which is quite refreshing. I spoke with him a year ago when looking into training companies and he was up front about a few things and have to say he was right about the lot. I didn't go with Wilplan in the end but that was more by fate than anything else but I was keen on them because of Mal's surveillance training which I have on good authority from someone who trained with him that he was good at his craft.

Top Bottom