Low profile CVIT

PaulSmith

Longterm Registered User
Guys, weve all seen the g4s and loomis vans delivering money but is there a low profile CVIT industry?

Just curious really as I have experience of the high profile industry so am thinking it might be an option.

If it exists that is.........

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

I am not sure how much work there is but there is definately some work out there.

I have a few 1 day jobs coming up over the next few months where I will be transporting cash and valuables covertly.

There were a couple of guys I worked with through the summer that worked out of airports delivering assets around the country. From what they said it was a fair amount of driving but reasonably well paid.

Not sure about what companies to speak to - I am sure someone else from the membership will have some suggestions.

Cheers

There is indeed Paul.. I have even used such operations myself..

I'm not sure how large the market is.. Obviously its only a fraction of the size of the normal style cvit market (Which is an area which causes me endless grief! You would think someone would be able to do it efficiantly)

So if I was to start researching this where would I start? Any companies or links?

Ive tried googling but as Im sure u can imaging theres nothing much.

Cheers in advance guys

Paul

Dont know how Imissed it but there is another thread in this forum that is titled the same as mine!

Keep the info coming though guys.

Guys,

Financial institutions have a legal obligation to insure all monies during transit. This is an obvious stance of course but these requirements instill work ethics and 'covering your back exercises'.

If a discreet/ low profile method of operation was employed it is fair to say that the overt in your face armoured vehicles, helmets and so on would not be used. If money went missing as a result of an attack then the obvious questions would be asked.

In theroy, low-profile CVIT does make sense but in reality, it would take more manpower (utilising decoys and counter-surveillance and also an SAP). With serious and well trained professionals, it could work.

In practise, it wouldn't be feasibile due solely to the insurance aspect and concern.

In practise, it wouldn't work as highly trained individuals or rather, the skills required are simply not found in the employ of the CVIT industry.

Valuables that are privately owned could present a market but this would be so niche that it wouldn't be worth entertaining in any great shape or form.

Rich H

Last edited by a moderator:
Back