Many, many keys

Well that is good if you have neighbours you can trust and are always in,
You are right there. I don't know what the Fire Brigade rules are but my little old Mom broke her hip last year and couldn't get to the door to let in the Ambo crew. They physically blocked a neighbour from climbing a ladder to get to an open window. Had to wait 52 minutes for plod to arrive(they genuinely were busy).

There is now a safe box outside the front door with a key inside. Details pop up on the 999 system if there ever another call.

Rich, you know thats no correct, there is a "K" in knob.

Also is your biometric system fail safe or fail secure or programmable to be either ?

regards

premier

Good point - well presented - rhea, you're a knob.

The door is battery operated (9v) and provides an 'elevated' beep when battery becomes low. The lock I have was fitted to a 'normal' door but as well as the lock incorporates a (5) multi-point lever strip. Over the last 3 years I have only changed the battery once but this was not due to any beep but purely for 'better to have than to have not'.

Rich H

LP-805

Birkegaarden Katalog/Catalogue

It cost about £600 incl installation. I first knew of the company when visiting the Ideal Home Exhibition. The company has since changed slightly but there is still a UK dealer.

Rich H

Im just going to jump in here, bit of a tangent I know, but relevant (ish)

With finger print scanners and stuff, what happens when you get a cut, or a burn on the finger? A while back I was silly enough to get a nice burn line across my thumb and its smoothed over now so theres no print on that little bit, what would be the effect on a scanner?

The scanner would not recognise the print. This particular lock however can store 99 finger prints so I have 2 fingers from both hands scanned.

Rich H

Have you ever had any problems with it not recognising the print or any clinches? The reason I ask is at one of the Security Expos, one of the well known names had problems with their biometrics when doing a demonstration, it played up on one of the spectators in recognising it, much to the exhibitor's embrassment.

The only keys I hold are for the house. When I go out and get 'locked' I always make sure I have the keys to get in. In Ireland we are still using wheelbarrows for key holding. We are becoming more advanced, slowly but surely. How do you recognise a keyholder in Ireland? He/She is the one pushing the wheelbarrow.

As an Irish Man I have seen these Wheelbarrow never knew why Mr Bruke from down the lane was the whole time pushing that dam yoke around. On the other hand could have been just popping over to the local bog to fetch the tea time fire.

On a serious note Ireland has come on so much since the 2000’s we now have Wiimax 4G

Back