McQueens Bar/Club and Grill.

Oddjob

Longterm Registered User
Down in old London town around the oh so trendy golden triangle of Hoxton/Old Street/ and The City we have a great watering hole called McQueens.

McQueen Shoreditch | Your number one destination venue in Shoreditch

Dezzi who owns it is very well known to us and we can always be sure that he makes our reception pain free,
and the night a triumph of relaxation, for client and security alike. The food is scrummy in an American Grill way.
Great crowd always, he runs a tight ship and doesn't just chase the dollar by letting any old cash cow in.
He started The Kingly Club of Carnaby Street from scratch and got voted best bar years ago.
He's done the same with McQueens now winning a fistful of awards through hard work and knowing his customers.
Just dealt with one of his reservation girls Georgia Kate. so helpful and communicative, which is such a rarity these days.
Other than Cuckoo, Maddox, Lou lou's and Scotch, for us it's a safe haven any time if we need a place at short notice, not way up west.
The above are all in the West End where as McQueens is just on the edge of the city in fashionable Shoreditch, which has become gentrified over the last decade or so, full of 'trustafarians' and the young media/design crowd.
But it is the place to go for the younger set and the city slickers.
For all you CP wallahs coming to the circuit this summer, it's definately a number for your little black books.

Is the food good.

a good mix of food all day long, scrummy was the term I used.
Great steaks, and even nicer fish. American Grill with a twist.
But the best food in the area is a salt beef beigel, tea and a piece of cheese cake,
around the corner at The Beigel Bake on Brick Lane.

Brick Lane Beigel Bake | E1 6SB | Restaurants and cafés | Time Out London

it's the crowd and the safety that makes life easy, it's just not common in and around London any more.
very rare that some one understands how important the door policy is to a successful club.
it's the right crowd for the right people.
to my mind it's number one in the city.
in the West End its Cuckoo and Lou Lous as numero uno.
Dino at Cuckoo has a great team and the crowd are as safe as it comes.
Lou Lous (for those that knew Annabels, little billy is still running the street reception)
It's a young Annabels, when Annabels was THE place to be.
exclusive and importantly safe.
Maddox is hosted by Terry, the old faithful of London doors.
again a controlled and vetted chelsea crowd.
and Scotch is one of those hidden gems, you'll have to find that one yourself.
I can't do it all for you.

Last edited:
O_J.

Your starting to sound like a vocal Londinium "Trip Advisor".. ;-)

It's nice to see local knowledge imparted for the good and benefit of others...

A rare quality indeed my friend.
Cheers.. Kerching..

D

The biggest secret I gave up was that of the Beigel Bake on brick lane.

24 Hour Rolling (159 Brick Lane, part1) - YouTube

Youtube : 24 hour rolling (159 Brick lane)

an amazing place, open 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
the rich, the ragged, the famous and the famished.
Dinner jacketed dandies and hilarious hippy hens all rub shoulders with every cross section of London life.
heaven in a bun any time, and any day.

Down in old London town around the oh so trendy golden triangle of Hoxton/Old Street/ and The City we have a great watering hole called McQueens.

McQueen Shoreditch | Your number one destination venue in Shoreditch

Dezzi who owns it is very well known to us and we can always be sure that he makes our reception pain free,
and the night a triumph of relaxation, for client and security alike. The food is scrummy in an American Grill way.
Great crowd always, he runs a tight ship and doesn't just chase the dollar by letting any old cash cow in.
He started The Kingly Club of Carnaby Street from scratch and got voted best bar years ago.
He's done the same with McQueens now winning a fistful of awards through hard work and knowing his customers.
Just dealt with one of his reservation girls Georgia Kate. so helpful and communicative, which is such a rarity these days.
Other than Cuckoo, Maddox, Lou lou's and Scotch, for us it's a safe haven any time if we need a place at short notice, not way up west.
The above are all in the West End where as McQueens is just on the edge of the city in fashionable Shoreditch, which has become gentrified over the last decade or so, full of 'trustafarians' and the young media/design crowd.
But it is the place to go for the younger set and the city slickers.
For all you CP wallahs coming to the circuit this summer, it's definately a number for your little black books.

Fashionable Shoreditch?
What's next, Fashionable Elephant and Castle or Fashionable Walworth Road :-D

You really are out of touch IR.
when I was young Shoreditch, Hoxton and Dalston were inhabited by prostitutes, with their brothers as pimps and the dreggs of the east end, all to be found drinking in the spread eagle or the flying scud.
Now we have the likes of Tracey Emin, half the fashion photographers, artists and stylists of the vibrant arts and fashion scene of London.
I was there at its conception when the London Apprentice became the LA and the mother bar opend, followed by The Electric Showroom as centres for the trendies and oh so very rich trustafarians to mingle and mix, cooking up the next big thing on trend and in fashion.
sadly E&C and the walworth road are south of the river and as we know not really London, god put the river there for a very good reason;
to keep the unworthy out.

True, I am certainly out of touch, haven't been there since 1996, back then they used to eat their young around South East London, they probably still do.

I must plan a trip over soon and check out the Shorditch area. Hoxton, isn't that were Lenny McClean was from?

Are they CAMRA establishments ?

Thanks for the tip OJ.

Having spent the best part of my teenage years kicking around Knightsbridge, Soho, Leicester Sq, and Piccadilly Circus in the 70's, I'm badly in need of guidance around the latest hot spots.

On a recent visit to the area, I hardly recognised the places of my mis-spent youth. All the dingey little back street boozers, are gone, or blinged up, and now seem full of strange foreigners, unrecognisable food, and drinks with flourescent colours.

...and the prices are bloody outrageous !

V :)

Last edited:
I doubt it Vis but they sound very accomodating so probably won't mind if you take your own twigs and gravel to embelish your pint with.

Are they CAMRA establishments ?

V :)

There's always one isn't there.
in the corner, off colour purple shirt, with one corner of his collar upturned, mustard coloured cords with a gradiating colour of dark greeze staain mustard at the pockets down to a much lighter/brighter worn yellow towards the knees.
with a pair of hush puppies circa 1968 when he could see them past his pregnantine waist.
and a whispy beard that displays in minature form all that he has consumed in the past week.
NO, no bloody CAMRA real ale, did you not read the word trendy, this is not hampstead village, this is not an episode of Morse.
There is an antiques/flea market near by, so you could squeeze in, they'll just assume you are either a relic or a lost trader.
You gotta get down with the kids a bit more Vis, feel the pulse of this ever changing city of ours.

probably still are.... it'll cost a damn site more now though, but at least they will have all their own teeth!

Back