Medical training advise needed!

JollyJack

Full Registered User
Hello all,

I looking for some advise .
A little about myself: Im 33 and have been working maritime as a TL since Feb 2010; before that i was in the RN from June 2003 to Oct 2009.

I would like to make a move in CP and evently become a medic. I am not after a quick course but rather to start looking at putting into place a career path. I have been told so many different things im finding it hard to figure out were to start.
I have been advised that attenting the Ronin SA RMT course will give me a foundation as this course offers the following:

Qualsafe Awards Level 3 in First Response Emergency Care (RQF)
Qualsafe Awards Level 4 in First Response Emergency Care (RQF)
Qualsafe Awards Level 5 in First Response Emergency and Urgent Care (RQF)
Qualsafe Awards Level 3 in the Safe Administration of Lifesaving Medications (RQF)
BLS for Healthcare Providers Certificate (American Heart Association)
Remote Medical Technician Qualification (Ronin SA)

As well as stating "We have Memorandum's of Understanding with placement agencies e.g. Medicnow and frontline emergency ambulance services e.g. UK Specialized Ambulance Services within the United Kingdom, Macedonia as well as Mexico. This will allow you to complete your 60 practical placement shifts in a variety of settings under qualified mentors.

Our FREC 5 Diploma Graduates articulate directly into year two of the two-year QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF) offered by a correspondent colleges in the UK and the Universities have Acknowledgment of Prior Learning (APL) programs whereby they provide direct access to year two of their 2-year Foundational Degree in Paramedic Science. These Universities include Sheffield Hallam, Birmingham City, Teeside, Sunderland, Staffordshire and Portsmouth. This, in turn, can lead to eligibility for HCPC Registration as a Paramedic in the UK."

Any thoughts on this as its not a cheap course at £5000. To be honest im more confused on then i was to begin with but i have to start somewhere so i hope sone can help.

Thanks in advance.

FREC 3 & 4 are straight forward attendance courses, with practical and written exams within the 5 day course to test and assess your competence.

FREC 5 and 6 - are attend courses BUT must have 750 hours of practical hands-on clinical placements to allow you to get signed off.

so gradually you can work your way up to qualify and register on the HCPC.

The quicker route would be, if you have the qualifiacations, go straight to the University course.

Be aware that 750hrs is the absolute minimum. It's not just about hrs, it's about exposure, so most far exceed the 750 in order to fulfill their portfolio requirements.

Back