Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Military Service Record

APT

Forum Supporter
Good morning,

Without going into too much detail I have a requirement to evidentially prove/disprove a former soldiers military history/record. I have his name, service number and the regiment he served with but don't know where/who to approach for the information I require....fisrt off, is it do-able? and if so, how??

I welcome your thoughts/suggestions - either here or by PM

Paul

Ivan67

Longterm Registered User
Good morning,

Without going into too much detail I have a requirement to evidentially prove/disprove a former soldiers military history/record. I have his name, service number and the regiment he served with but don't know where/who to approach for the information I require....fisrt off, is it do-able? and if so, how??

I welcome your thoughts/suggestions - either here or by PM

Paul
I am sure this is for the UK but just to clarify as you left this out. What country is this for?

marshy41

Longterm Registered User
Well if you require this information for an employer then I would speak to somebody either in Glasgow or maybe somebody in the British Legion, they could advice on your best course of Action.

If its required because you know this person is in a word having an employers eyes out and you want to drop him in it, then I doubt you could find out all you require, as Glasgow will not just release you this soldiers full military details/information just like that.

My advice if its for a British Soldier is to Speak to Glasgow, if he's from another country then I aint a clue..!

PADDYOS

Longterm Registered User
If you need information and the person is still alive then you will need that persons authority....or just publish his details and see if anyone knows him?

nippy

Longterm Registered User
Hi APT,

Just my thoughts on this, be very, very careful. If you should find out what you are looking for and use it. For example tell the person that they received a dishonourable discharge not declared on a job application. The person could then complain and an audit trail be followed to your source. A world of brown stuff for you and your source, even if what your saying is true. Consider if it is really worth it and is there another way to skin that cat without a potential breach of data protection. I wish you luck but be careful these kind of things are looked at very thoroughly if a complaint is made.

Regards.......Nippy

APT

Forum Supporter
Thanks for all the input into this request....it is really appreciated.

Paul

Anyone accessing JPA to gain this info can be tracked as viewing the data, so that sort of thing is on dodgy ground now with the DPA

operator144

Longterm Registered User
Depends on what bit you want to prove or disprove?

Do you want him to know about it or not?

Are you legally allowed / have relevant justification to enquire?

Mitch7350

Full Registered User
I would speak to people from the regiment and if you don't no anyone from there then maybe look at social media websites they will have regimental pages go on there see if there is someone still serving on the page (there probably will be ) and go for the highest rank and get in touch with them just explain the reasons why and I'm sure they will cooperate failing that if it was for a job maybe look at references and see if any of them are from his old regiment if there not then I would say he is hiding something I'm about to leave and just asked my former CO to give me a reference and he had no problems he is a full colonel now and still made the time

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Top Bottom