Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MORE MAJORUM - The last days of the 13° DBLE in Djibouti

XPara

Full Registered User
Hi there i was back in Djibouti in 91 with the R.E.P on a four month tour had a blast so what you saiyng that the regiment is moving out of Djibouti and why Abhu Dhabi?

MAY

Longterm Registered User
Hi XPara,
me too, I had a blast as you, but it's true, the 13°DBLE was leaving Djibouti two month's ago. The new base for the 13°DBLE is in ABOU-DHABI now, the strength of the unit are 80 legionary's.
Why Abou-Dhabi? I don't know. All what I know is the legion send each 4 month's another infantry/engeneer company from France to Abou-Dhabi, so they keep the same rhytme how before.

Arnaud

Longterm Registered User
As the song goes, "Mon coeur est déchiré"...

They chose the 5e RIAOM to stay there instead, what a fookin nonsense.

sweed

Full Registered User
The Legion still do 4 months tour to djibouti, ther is from what iv heard a new cie infantery at 5RIAOM which should be armed by priority 2REP/2REI even if its a sheared tournant whit the Schlappis.
What iv heard 2CIE/2REI is next to go.
The ER in Oueah is closed but iv heard that Cavalos have a tournant in 5RIAOM aswell.
All this is gossips iv heard and not confirmd, by any reliable source

Arnaud

Longterm Registered User
Sweed, there isn't such a thing as "priority" for certain arms in the french military... regiments wait for their turn. Just look at Afghan :-(

MAY

Longterm Registered User
True, and a good example.

Hi sweed,
I'm back on the radar so I have more information about the 4 months tour of infantry and engineer cie's in the 5°RIOM in Djibouti.

Infantry: all Regiment's of the French Army provide, in turns, a infantry cie each 4 months.
Engineer: all Regiment's of the French Army provide, in turns, a engineer platoon each 4 months.

So, theoretically, if you count all the engineer platoon's who existed in France, and with a lots of luck, they guys of the Legion make's a rotation each 4 or 5 years.
Same thing for the Infantry, even they can send they Companies whole.

MAY

Top Bottom