My CP Blog

Yes well.. i would love to follow some courses.
However in no way i can see learning much from a 21 day course
At least when i got into the army i got a drill course of 3 months , which is the least you should get to be able to operate anywhere and actualy still isn't enough.

The least i expect from a course is a complete theoretical course with all that comes with it , including law , materials practical behaviour and how to's etc.
Then i want to practice it , practical training is important and not just 3 days , because you simply cannot learn anything in 3 days.
So you get to shoot 3 days , that's fine , but how about learning it all and walk with an experienced team for at least 2 months fulltime on the streets.

There is a reason why i went 14 months through my basic security guard training , You get 2 exams (theoretical and practical) and they are darn difficult , seeing at least 50% fails exams.
When you examed you have at least 1 year work experienced ( 3 days a week) and can at least tell your new employer where you worked and what experiences you got.

I realy cannot see what advantages i get from a 21 day crash-course besides an certificate that looks good on my resume and i realy cannot see what to tell my new employer when he asks about it... what did you learn? ... oh is that all?

But i realy can tell my new employer with a smile about the difficult 14 month training.
That from the 13 people examining , i was the only one who was so proud to succeed at the first try and with great results , i learned so much , including great experiences.
While most failed those exams either both or 1

Please do not take offence , but this is how i personally see it

Last edited:
Well...

Isn't it a treat getting back to the forum.

I haven't posted on here is what seems like forever, yet it's good to see that not much changes around here. Which is right and the way it should be.

As I'm sure 99-100% of you will not be surprised to read, I have now left CP work. I found myself ****ing up and trying to build myself up again. I managed to do alright, through adequate networking - which really saved my skin.
I was offered a very appetising job, but found myself unable to take it, the offer was founded a year 8 months too late. I knew I wasn't committed and knew I wouldn't be right for the job, which I conveyed and I'm sure my contact respected.

However.

I have not lost touch with security - in fact my time in close protection taught me more about myself and interests than I ever thought. I'm not on a 5 year plan to aimed at working for an anti-fraud team with sight on moving into cyber security.

Security is an evolving world, in 2015 there was nearly 6 million acts of cyber crime and fraud along is estimated to cost £193bn a year... now I wouldn't want anyone to take this the wrong way let me clarify my statement... I will never argue against physical security and I think that it is an absolute necessity for some people and for others it is part of their life and how they chose to live it. I just from my personal experiences I've learnt there is a very finite group of people that can deliver this service, it's a highly professional and demanding role and I was privileged enough to experience it but quickly found myself a little in over my head. I'm glad that there was no real consequences for my actions and whilst I regret the mistake I made, I used it as a spring to learn from and too what lessons I could from it.. I'm grateful for the opportunities that were given to me and for the connections I have made from it.

What I have done is learn where I fit into the security world and every person I have encountered on here and through work has helped me learn more than I ever thought I could in 2 years - for this I am indebted to you all.
I have learned where my interests meet my talents and where I am best fit for. To return to my earlier point, security is a dynamic and evolving world and that can be seen in the roles we all.. you all play. What the old adage, "complacency is the biggest killer"? I've learnt to think on my toes, I've learnt a hard working ethic, I've learnt to remain flexible whilst staying strict, I've learnt who I am.

So i'm not gonna drag this on much longer or try to make it sound any more like some bullshit inspirational quote/book.

I wish you all the very best in whatever you are doing, and what ever part you play in the security world.
Good luck and Stay Safe.

Bear :cool:

Great post mate, hopefully all newbies joining the forum with a dream will read it; those truly cut out for it will pursue and those who are not will take a long hard look at themselves and go make a valuable contribution to the industry via a different channel, as you have, or just wake up and go find a different career.

Best of luck for the future

All new members asking about CP courses and work should be directed to read this.

It shows it's not as easy as the newbies think.

Great blog bear and very honest.
Good luck.

Hi Bear

Fair play to you for putting up the post it takes guts to be totally honest and put your hands up when something isn't quite right. I take my hat off to you for having the integrity and honesty to do what was right for you. I wish you all the best for whatever direction your future takes you.

Best regards

Alex

Back