Navy seals selection harder than sas or any other SF selection??

Rumours put about by jealous people. He passed every single SF selection ever, did 22's selection twice a year just to show the young 'uns how its done, he set up every single SF unit east of the Danube, and almost single handedly drove those pesky Commies out of Afghanistan in '89.

All while wearing a kilt and 35kg of various medals and trinkets.

Is he still operating out of that castle near Ardee? Haven't heard too much about him lately....

Castlebellingham it was mate, That place burned down awhile ago, apparently the plod wanted to talk to him about various items that were found there, not to sure what the outcome was though.

Heno

I'm sure I read in Criss Kyles book that a guy who fractured his pelvis and had a hip replacement passed seal training. I can't imagine the same being true passing the beacons!

In my opinion the British special forces SAS and SBS selection process was the hardest in the world until the changes were made this year, now the American special forces DELTA and SEALS may be slightly harder.

Its the quality of the man and his physical and more importantly psychological approach to any form of training as well as the specific role and theatre of tasking and skills required in the area of operation and not forgetting the most important aspect of all ! the numbers game ! because as we all know if we need a specific we dilute ,if we don't need the quota we make it harder. We have no right in judging who what and where is more demanding and sole destroying in a selection process unless you have undertaken the specific selection training of all units that are being compared.I apologise in advance if you have undertaken selection in all you compared.
Before we know it comparison of training companies in a similar light will be discussed ? Oh hang on we do that already,but that is acceptable as its price comparison and training fit for purpose.

Last edited:
Wow, thought I had a pretty good military career, but to see so many on here who have been through US & UK Sellection processes is amazing. You folks all have an SIA badge as well?

In my opinion the British special forces SAS and SBS selection process was the hardest in the world until the changes were made this year, now the American special forces DELTA and SEALS may be slightly harder.

Wow, someone who has completed both. Because that's the only way your comment has any legitimacy whatsoever

Getting past an Italian mother in order to marry her daughter.
Is a harder selection process than both the afore mentioned.
Followed by life long judgement and appraisal .
Fan dance is a walk in the park compared to a nights dancing at an Italian wedding with the brides mother and aunts (7 of them)

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Haha, interesting comparison between Fan Dance and an Italian mother. Having never attempted an Italian or her mother i can't compare, but Pen Y Fa. Was enough for me.

To all, ex Blade or attempted Happy new year. I hope life serves you all well.

As for selection to either. It's gruelling, which ever you've tried and respect to both/all. Nut said.

Last edited:
Back