Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

neemo

Full Registered User
Hi All

im in a bit of a bind and need some help off the ex RMP CP lads.
im working with a lad who is a complete walter mitty. he is saying that he is ex RMP CP, joined in 1984 and got out in 2001. at the rank of seargent. with a disability
used to be in charge of the whole of the london district with the search and denial, worked alongside SO19, worked as an instructor in Longmoor etc etc, i could go on but i dont want to bore you all to death
thing is he is giving the RMP CP lads a bad name

i can PM you his name as i dont want to name and shame him on these boards

cheers lads.

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Forgot to ask Neemo,

How did you stumble across this forum(just out of interest)? Are you CP at the moment? Howz things out there in that world? Ive heard jobs are tight what with so much competition around?

Cheers

CM

:D

Last edited:

neemo

Full Registered User
Hi CM

yep im CP out in Iraq with a PMC, working low profile, been out here since 2004
i found you all through facebook on a link.
PM sent mate cheers!.

co19

I'm 8 years SO19 now CO19, 1997-2004, WE DID NOT WORK WITH ANY RMP in my time there. We wouldn't need to.

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Neemo,

Ive asked around but knowbody has heard of him. But saying that he was serving when i was only a red ass and all of his generation may have moved on.

Not sure mate, go with your gut feelings.

CM

neemo

Full Registered User
Cheers Lads

my gut feeling is that he is telling porky pies

i think its time to call his bluff.

zatoichi

Removed Users
Re The Walty Mitty Types, usual in my experience they are harmless b*llshitters that have a little miltary service and have now realised what they are and need an alter ego. I have met so many ex special forces by now I find it amusing to let them talk away. If you are in the know and the real ex SF are they know who is the bull*s*itter and who is not, I have rarely heard an operator or ex operator talk about things. Let this guy carry on I say, the world needs a good laugh!!!!

taylor104

Problem is Zatoichi if a Walt Has gained a place in your team through padding out his CV or even downright lying (It does happen) in a hostile environment it becomes serious as you may need to call on his alleged skills, which as you realise could lead to people dying at the worst.
I hate walts and out them at every possibility!

Neemo I have spent a fair amount of time at Longmoor with 22 years in the Corps up until last year. ( NO, Honest. I'm not b*llsh*tting you!)
PM me the details, if I dont know him I still have contacts at Longmoor.
Regards
AJ

lee

Full Registered User
hello all.

i was in a team in baggers 2004, we had a guy join us and it didnt take long to realise he had completely bluffed his CV to get the job..fair play to him i suppose, should be the person that interviewed him who is blamed.

anyway needless to say we got rid of him immedietly. dont take the risk.. if you suspect someone i say confront them about it, i wouldnt go out on the ground with team members i wasn't happy working with

zatoichi

Removed Users
I see, the problem appears one of trust. How can you trust someone who is not even honest with himself and bull$$$ts others. I think a closed door talk with this person would be good after you have done your research, even when these bull$$$$ters have be exposed they actually try to convince everyone else they are still right and you are wrong. It just gets messy and ugly otherwise. I have meet a few and worked with some and its is down to the intital selection, sounds like this failed. If he lied he may have committed a UK criminal offence and can be sacked. I am sure CO19 will back me up here. What do the bosses think are they not bothered. Just a quick thought, there was a gut in Gib he was working in Maritime security and stated he was ex SBS captain etc etc, even the SBS guys knew of him and thought he was a joke but this guy kept it up and was getting work with his extensive CV. (Hope its not the same guy, called Phil). This guy was weird because he actually believed his own made up life, told his girlfriends he was ex SF, now working for security services etc. I have to confess that i once told a bird i met in a pub I was a pro-footballer to get laid but this guy is a Grammy winner. Good luck with your guy.

co19

If you lie on a CV and end up getting a PAID job as a result of that CV, you are committing an offence.

Its called a percunary advantage, and it comes under the theft act (deception)

In answer to the above question

neemo

Full Registered User
Thanks for all the replies lads
apologies for not getting back sooner as we have been pretty busy at work.

the main prob i have is that he has picked an ops managers slot up.
his stories keep on changing every day
this man should write a novel

he is back in work shortly and when i find out the truth i will approach him with it, as its pulling the team morale down.

neemo

Full Registered User
Right Lads

ive had a PM and the truth is out ref the walt.
ill be having a little chat when he comes in Country
again id like to thank you all
in helping me get to the bottom of this

Neemo,

as with taylor104's comment PM me or Hippo with your mans name. I only know one of our blokes (instructor) who left with a disability and he had his fingers in all the pies (well 9 of them anyway) and he was a quality lad so couldn't be him.

Ask yer fella "what colour is the boat house at Hereford"

that always roots them out.....

Top Bottom