Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Needcadvice on security plan for churches

STjockey

In light of the attack on the church in Charleston, SC this month. I've been tasked with establishing a protocol for our congregation. Given that churches are inherently soft targets, I need some guidance on proactive measures. We can't set up metal detectors and wand people on the way in. I was thinking about going with a zone defense strategy, but I'd like to hear from someone considerable smarter than me. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

R,

Terry

Gaithersburg, MD, USA

premier

Longterm Registered User
Terry,

First thing needed would be a visit to the premises, I suggest you speak to local sherif etc they will be able to advise you, I'm sure there will be someone fitting the bill in the congregation.

Regards

premier

SCT

In light of the attack on the church in Charleston, SC this month. I've been tasked with establishing a protocol for our congregation. Given that churches are inherently soft targets, I need some guidance on proactive measures. We can't set up metal detectors and wand people on the way in. I was thinking about going with a zone defense strategy, but I'd like to hear from someone considerable smarter than me. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

R,

Terry

Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Encourage everyone in your congregation to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and buy a gun, get training, apply for their CCW and carry to church. Then make sure that everyone knows about it. You will cease to be a target for the type of scumbag that attacked the Church in SC, they are cowards and will only hit soft targets.

Also, consider something like this. Civilian Response to an Active Shooter I can put you in touch with someone running this course in Maryland

Last edited:
Top Bottom