new business startup

miekytak

Full Registered User
hi all,

Me and my cousin who combine has 25 years experience in the army are starting up a new security business in the south with a long turm look in progressin up north. We are looking for people who would like to be put onto our system for future employment with excellent benifits.

we also would like anyone to give us any information in relation to starting up.

if you want any more information about the company then please dont hesitate to send me a message.

many thanks

michael

New Business

hi all,

Me and my cousin who combine has 25 years experience in the army are starting up a new security business in the south with a long turm look in progressin up north. We are looking for people who would like to be put onto our system for future employment with excellent benifits.

we also would like anyone to give us any information in relation to starting up.

if you want any more information about the company then please dont hesitate to send me a message.

many thanks

michael

Hi Michael,

I am intrested what type of security is your business going to be in?

Keep Safe

Dave

hi there,

the business will be a number of opertunities from private,functions,events etc my plan is to give a unique opertunity to indeviduals who come on to our system if you want more inforamtion please email ********************

thank you

michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Another company that will under cut the other companies !! soon the employee will be paying the employer the rates will be that low.

mate you gotta get a real domain for your email, people are weary with companies that utilize free emails such as hotmail. you can get domains for under 10 a month, its worth investing if you are serious. It also gives you some web presence to legitimize your business more.

Hi Miekytak.

Bit confused as to what e-mail to contact as the one on the CPW page is a hotmail address and your web page one is different ¿ throws up some questions.

May I make a suggestion here and it is a serious suggestion that I have been wanting to make for sometime...

Do yourselves a favour guys and attend a business start up course... Extend to business the same courtesy that you would extend to any profession by way of at least attending some form of formal and recognised training...

I did, I attended an 18 week start up course and then spent the first 18 months of business operating part-time and making my mistakes early:

http://www.rtdgroup.co.uk/twtyrs.htm

25 years in the Military means absolutely nothing and I mean nothing in business function... You are novices..! and there is absolutely nothing wrong in that, you have to start somewhere, but think for one minute how as a novice in any walk of life you progress and improve..?

You train, you identify, you diversify, you fall down, you pick yourself up, brush yourself off and soldier on (there you are, there is one transferable skill, I lied)

It's called resilience...

But seriously guys do yourselves a favour and learn about 'Business' thats my advice take it or leave it.

Carl Dowd
[URL="http://www.rtdgroup.co.uk"]www.rtdgroup.co.uk[/URL]
Celebrating 24 years leading activity in the small business sector

Last edited:
hi, good luck in your business, for the advertising try VISTAPRINT you can find them on the internet...they do all of the business cards, compliment slips etc they usually do some good bargains....just be carefull on the delivery charges/time as they charge extra for express delivery, good luck

Good luck guys, you'll need it !

Unless you get it right to start with, I can't help feeling it's like watching a slow motion train crash.

a) Get a good business plan in place. And stick to it !

b) Funding, figure you're NOT going to make any money for 6 months, how are you going to pay the bills ?

c) You're markets / customers. Have you done some serious research ? If not, DO IT, then do, or revise the business plan.

d) Network like crazy. Local Chamber of Commerce, identify your markets.....

Hell, the list goes on forever, above all, RESEARCH !!!!!

Last edited:
Good Luck Guys

No experiance setting up within this industry but have set up a company before and it isnt easy. i would second carls idea of a business start up course. Alot of the banks offer courses when you sign up to a business bank account.

Hope it helps

Drew

Pay attention to details as already mentioned.
You have managed to screw up the spelling in almost every second word.
Makes one think - " Jesus, can these guys get anything right?! "

You are no longer just expressing yourself, you are now the face of YOUR COMPANY.

Hi guys, I think the best advice you can take is from Carl, take a look at the Business Link website, and go and see them. Starting up is far from easy, and don't be fooled that if you have that one good idea,that makes you different from the rest,and stand out,which, i hope it does, don't be fooled that clients will just start phoning...Knowledge is power,as they say, Most banks these days want to see your business plan..have you ever seen one?set one out?..it's important to have,Attending a biz coarse will help you so much, and further more with biz link they are all FREE!..The reason i mention the bank thing is well, you don't want to get that first job, and have your client write you a chq out to Matt Smith,the norm would be the company name, but you need that Biz account to be able to cash that chq. Looking Professional on the outside,is ok, but not if you ain't done your home work, research and put the time and affort in to get it right behind the mask.
Good luck lads..Hope it all works out.

As already mentioned your trying to get into a market flooded by every Tom Dick and Harry, I notice you have DV clearance go and use it, you might find you will earn just as much or atleast enough to get you started. Depending on what you got your clearance for you might even be able to demand a higher daily rate. PM me for more information (and anyone else should they have any questions ref security clearance).

Good luck with your business, lets hope this isn't another company thats going to sub contract to companies already sub contracting and lower anything we can earn...

Jase

Hi miekytak

I agree with Carl Dowd. Apart of being professional in security you also need to be aware of the requirement of the business. First of all you need a feasibility study to assess the market: the need for your services, the similar companies and the quality of their provided services, the possible evolution of the market for a medium and long term, costs and benefits.
Secondly, you need to understand the legal framework and the requirements derived from it from your future company.
Thirdly you need to think about to get in your team, along with the security personal, also people qualified in the business management, analysts on different domains and people qualified in liaising with different institutions, dealing with the customers and promoting your products.
Advertising is also a very important aspect and a web page is absolutely mandatory.

hi all,

many thanks

michael

With 25 Years combined experience in the Army & the prospects of a new business startup venture I would have expected better Grammar, get your Cousin to proof-read your posts & emails before hitting send....

Back