new cpo

nick

Full Registered User
hi all, nick here,
im in the uk (south west) and i have qualified as a close protection officer 3 months ago and still looking for my first break in the industry! im fed up with sending hundreds of emails with my cv and details but to get no responce or to find out the people i am emailing went bust years ago!
anyone else discovering that finding work is a knightmare if you are newly qualifeid? any tips on getting my foot in the door as i have loads of high profile security experience and need my lucky break into the cp world!
this forum looks good and i hope to make some good comrads here.

Hi

Hey Nick!

Good to have you on board buddy! I'm not sure what type of work that you are after? Is is VIP protection?(glamourous but not well paid) or Work abroad? (good money/always looking for people but dangerous)

CM

View attachment 9

Last edited:
hi there! didnt think anybody was using this forum!
im looking for any cp work in the uk or abroad. not to interested in the whole iraq or afgan circuit but anything else would interest me, what have you got?

i have passed the course and the close protection sia licence is under aplication but as i already have my sia security and my sia cctv licences there shouldnt be a problem with its arrival.

CP course

Nice 1 nick, the SIA licenec thing is such a big thing at the moment, its all aload of shite to be honest, any excuse to get some money out of you.

Saying that i want to do my SIA test, as you dont get it when you pass out of Longmoor.

What CP course did you do nick?

Do you have any of the questions the SIA exam asks you. I think we would all like to know, forewarned is forarmed and all that!!

View attachment 15

I did my course with katana which has now merged with a company called "counter threat group" (ctr) the course was 21 days which included all the usual sia required curriculum and also included;

anti ambush driving tecniques ...(ramming, fishtails. j turns, y turns, debus and embus under fire, and counter suvelince driving.

Fire arms training....we flew to praugue for live senario 9mm work on indoor and outdoor ranges also with lsw's and fully auto rifles. this also included body cover techniques for the principle whilst under fire and returning fire.

emercency trauma.... indepth medical knowllege on treatment for gun shot wounds etc.

Close quater combat.... some pretty cool ninja shit!

so all in all, the training was hard and was for roughly 20 hours out of a 24 hour day, so exhausting but great fun and i learned alot.

The trainning was the hardest part and like many sia courses the exam is the easy part!

i do have photos of prevous sia exam papers but to be honest anyone who can do the 21 days and not crack can do the exam blindfolded!

so after all the time, money and effort involved in getting the qualifications i wouldnt mind some bloody work in the real world!

Last edited:
CP world

Nick,

Its a harsh fact buddy that the market is totally saturated with trained CP lads both civ and ex Mil.

That goes for home and abroad pal.

With your back ground am not sure what to say what security work experience do you have?

View attachment 19

i have 5 years working in a hospital dealing with protection of staff and first responce to emergancy situations, dealing with stabbings,fires,patients with mental health issues, eg. self harmers, drug abusers and alcoholics. this job involved a team of 2 on a 12 hour shift and the hospital was 700 rooms per floor and 6 floors high, so as you ca expect we were always very busy!

previous to this i have done first responce tango team for football matches.

door work

mobile security for womens sheltered accomedation

council run mobile security for all the council owned property for the whole of my county.

concert security for mcfly, and famous bands etc.

the list goes on!

To be honest mate I really wonder if its a form of employment worth entering. 3000 Royal Irish Rangers were made redundant recently and a LOT of them have tried to break into the CP circuit but it is overwhelmed. Companies can pick and choose. Supply of CPO's far exceeds demand.

Its all network network network.

But hey thats why we are all here.

View attachment 21

I'm from SW as well Nick,

Portsmouth/Guildford neck of the words, near Kyles wall(Not sure if you know it)

How did you get on with them sites? You've prob heard of them before?

We've got a section on SIA, would you be interested in posting your thoughts? or maybe the questions?

Ive got a bank of 150 i'll be psoting as soon as i can get them.

Just pulling in a few favours to get them first though.

Guys and girls

New to this forum, but thought would give it a go!! Been in industry now for 10 years...haven't had a prob finding work, although it is hard....always good to know people in work, same old cliche, not what u know but who. Just finishing a 2 year contract in uk, looking for a new challenge now. Middle east money shocking now....paying less than uk believe it or not.....keep sending your cv's.....and send them again....oh and again!!. If i hear of anything i'll post it.

We've got a section on SIA, would you be interested in posting your thoughts? or maybe the questions?

Ive got a bank of 150 i'll be psoting as soon as i can get them.

Just pulling in a few favours to get them first though.

I have a bank of questions if you are interested, they need to be typed up (printed, not a word document) but should not take long (OCR is a godsend!). Recently the C&G have changed the question banks so if what you are getting is what I think it is, it may not be as current although useful as a guide. I am not sure just posting up questions and answers from the bank is ethical (or legal for that matter) but used to create mock exams as a training aid is fine if done with care.

PM me to discuss further

This post is getting busy, I thought I'd join in!

Hello DanD, any help you can give forum members would be appreciated, I'm sure they would reward you with a nice bonus should they get a job with your help!

Hello Nomad, any questions you have would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I should create a new sub forum for Questions and answers!

Hey

HI Nick

Iv spent 7 years in the army and im out in Oct, iv looked at many training providers but counter threat group (Katana) sound like the better course in my eyes.

Could you give me a little heads up on what to look out for when i get there I.e accomadation, Training, ect.

Cheers Mate

Craig

Back