Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nightclub Fire Kills 232 In Brazil

KingLeonidas

Longterm Registered User
Joined
Oct 3, 2012
Messages
923
Likes
3
#1
232 confirmed dead ... another 100 being treated in hospitals.
Most casualties came from the toxic smoke that came from the burning of soundproof insulation
in the room where the band was playing. It apparently started when the band members
lit off flares on stage as part of their music number - the ceiling caught on fire.

Not the first time this scenario has happened - it also happened in the past in the USA when bands
have used pyrotechnics inside crowded clubs.

It's pretty much your worst nightmare ... for the entertainment industry.

Prayers for all the families involved.

232 die in smoke, stampede in Brazil club fire - Yahoo! News

KL
 

littlewoman

Longterm Registered User
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
3,031
Likes
437
#2
Th Station Nightclub fire is on You Tube, its well worth watching just to see how fast the fire spreads. Its also well worth showing to any managers that like to cut corners with the fire regulations. Its one month short of 10 years since this happened and obviously the lessons haven't been learnt.
 

KingLeonidas

Longterm Registered User
Joined
Oct 3, 2012
Messages
923
Likes
3
#5
Latest details ...

no fire alarms were installed in the club.
Only one exit.
At least 330 people listening to the music.

One of the club owners has been arrested, along with 2 of the band members.

Really criminal!!

KL
 
Top Bottom