Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NN Investigations

jimmy18

Full Registered User
Hi, has anyone heard of NN Investigations? I received an email this morning and seems a little fishy to me, something like the infamous Q Investigations would send. This is what they sent ..

We are contacting you as we are aware that you may be currently, or recently, been looking for a position as a Private Investigator. We are National Networked Investigations a new national private investigation agency who are currently recruiting staff on a nationwide basis. For our successful applicants we offer a very attractive package. Below I have outlined what we are looking for and what’s on offer. If you are interested please visit our website and take a closer look. On there you will also find an application form should you wish to apply. If you are not currently looking or not interested you don’t need to do anything. We will take your lack of response as being not interested and will refrain from emailing you again. I would also like to add that because of some of the responses that we have received to date from our recruitment campaign I need to make clear the following point. That is, we do not charge any monies in order to work with us either for training or anything else, ever! We work solely on a commission basis only.

What we are looking for
Male or Female.
Ideally aged over 35
Own vehicle or access to vehicle
We can’t accept anyone with a criminal record for violent or sexual offences
Experience not essential as training will be provided. (We will cover the cost of certified training for successful candidates)
You will need a good standard of written English and excellent people skills.
What we offer to the successful candidate
Full certified training paid for by us.
Immediate start, you can earn as you learn
A self-employed position that pays £25.00 per hour
Generous travel expenses (£0.66 per mile)
A guaranteed minimum of 20 leads per week
Weekly pay
Part time and full time roles
Extremely Flexible can be conducted initially in conjunction with your current job. Our minimum requirement is for you to be available for 24 cases per annum.
If you would like to visit our website recruitment page or simply have a browse on our site you can do so by visiting the following link. Its Recruitment

PADDYOS

Longterm Registered User
Guaranteed 20 leads per week.........sounds a bit fishy to me.....as it states on their website

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
Sounds like Wiki leaks and another one I can't remember the name of.
This must be there new company they have set up to con the public.

Photo4x4

Full Registered User
Hello

I had the same email and decided to reply to see what the 'score' was, especially as they pay for all your training.

I have now received an email stating that I have been accepted for training. However it appears that the cost of the training has risen since they first emailed me.

Until very recently in fact since you have made your application we were covering the full cost of your training to the value of £485.00. We still are covering this amount however the provider that we use S.I.T. has increased their prices slightly in the interim. This means that their is now a difference of less than £90.00 .

Unfortunately at this time we will be unable to cover the rest of the cost upfront i.e the £90.00 due to us already covering £485.00 worth of training and this extra amount has simply not being factored into any of the costings that we are working to. However fair is fair and we did state that we would cover the cost of your training, so in order to stand by our claim and also as a gesture of goodwill going forward what we propose to do is to not charge you the first three commissions that would be due to us on your first three cases. That will be worth £150.00 to you and will easily cover the deficit. In addition to this, having spoken briefly to our accounts department anything you pay toward training can be claimed back in full on your first return as you are self-employed.

Hmmmm.

I can't find anything on the 'net about them other than their website and this CPW thread.

KH

Had the same as well
Cannot find any info regarding the too good to be true offers
They allegedly will pay for all training. 66p per mile travelling. £25 PH and 20 leads
Min 8 hrs payment per day and all they want is £50 commission per job

Hi, has anyone heard of NN Investigations? I received an email this morning and seems a little fishy to me, something like the infamous Q Investigations would send. This is what they sent ..

We are contacting you as we are aware that you may be currently, or recently, been looking for a position as a Private Investigator. We are National Networked Investigations a new national private investigation agency who are currently recruiting staff on a nationwide basis. For our successful applicants we offer a very attractive package. Below I have outlined what we are looking for and what’s on offer. If you are interested please visit our website and take a closer look. On there you will also find an application form should you wish to apply. If you are not currently looking or not interested you don’t need to do anything. We will take your lack of response as being not interested and will refrain from emailing you again. I would also like to add that because of some of the responses that we have received to date from our recruitment campaign I need to make clear the following point. That is, we do not charge any monies in order to work with us either for training or anything else, ever! We work solely on a commission basis only.

What we are looking for
Male or Female.
Ideally aged over 35
Experience not essential as training will be provided. (We will cover the cost of certified training for successful candidates)
Weekly pay
Extremely Flexible can be conducted initially in conjunction with your current job. Our minimum requirement is for you to be available for 24 cases per annum.
If you would like to visit our website recruitment page or simply have a browse on our site you can do so by visiting the following link. Its Recruitment
Hi there and good morning.
I have received exactly the same email this morning, word for word. Be very careful. As soon as they ask for money, do a runner, unless of course, they are legitimate. That shouldn't take long to find out. Have a look at their website, which I'm going to do right now. If it looks slightly dodgy, then do a little bit of investigation yourself. Company house etc. You can find out a great deal of information on the internet if you dig deep enough.
Good luck and happy digging

JohnK

Received the same email yesterday! Can't work out the scam as they don't ask for any money up front.
John

I have also received the same email I filled out the application form and got the job. However in the offer was this:

Important Note Regarding Training.

Until very recently in fact since you have made your application we were covering the full cost of your training to the value of £485.00. We still are covering this amount however the provider that we use S.I.T. has increased their prices slightly in the interim. This means that their is now a difference of less than £90.00 .

Unfortunately at this time we will be unable to cover the rest of the cost upfront i.e the £90.00 due to us already covering £485.00 worth of training and this extra amount has simply not being factored into any of the costings that we are working to. However fair is fair and we did state that we would cover the cost of your training, so in order to stand by our claim and also as a gesture of goodwill going forward what we propose to do is to not charge you the first three commissions that would be due to us on your first three cases. That will be worth £150.00 to you and will easily cover the deficit. In addition to this, having spoken briefly to our accounts department anything you pay toward training can be claimed back in full on your first return as you are self-employed.

As you were not expecting this slight change and wish to decline the offer I fully understand as its a bit of a bolt from the blue. If you still wish to continue I am pretty sure that because of the way that we operate, i.e an immediate start you will have recouped the deficit within a week or two.

Scan I feel.
Sharon

jimlei

I got this email about 2 weeks ago, I presume after i had responded to an ad requesting investigators Nationwide. I replied and after a few days received another email asking me to confirm i had no convictions etc and would be happy to supply a dbs. I was waiting for the kicker about having to pay x for a "training" package but received another email outlining the package and remuneration. Training was mentioned but i got the impression it was if required and in any event subsidised by them bar a cost of £90. Apparently they make their money on a commission split from completed jobs. Still falling into the "sounds too good to be true" category but while there is no upfront cost to me i will go along with it and see what happens

pilife24

Explain Please

Hi, can you please explain as i am new and i just sign up with them. Did I make a mistake ? Whats sounds as wikeleaks /?

ShaneP

I got a similar email. Slow out of the blocks here, but this post gets hits.

Notes:

- The words used in the email are (mostly) usual. But the way of joining the words together is unusual, same for the website.

- As noted above, the offer is unusual.

- The stated business address: the location is worth a look. The location of the county suggests several possibilities.

- Some publicly-available (have a look) info about the website suggests possibilities the email does not talk about.

- My email supply is well-controlled. If my supply was, in this case, reliable; this email was delivered in contravention of emerging Data Protection Laws.

There is no proof in this. National Networked Investigations may be a legitimate business.

However, a PI business is often careful about who they work with and their connections. Unusually, for a business, a PI business will note connections publicly. This email steps sideways into the language and delivery of suits. It may show fine use of words, but ignores recent events in the PI business.

Think first.

Bazooka

They have contacted me by e mail recently and seem keen to get me on board. Initially, they state they will cover the cost of all training, then claim the company they use for training called SIT have recently increased their fees by £90, which they won't cover, as this has not been factored into their original business plan costings, but as a gesture of goodwill, they will not charge their 1st 2 commissions. Alarm bells rang, as I would have thought any gesture of goodwill would be to honour their original promise and with greater scrutiny of their original offer I wonder why they use a company ( website, becomeapi.co.uk ), that now charges £575 for training when you can get as good as, if not better from The Institute of Professional Investigators at £385. It doesn't add up to me and I get the feeling that the becomeapi lot are in on this as well. How can we expose them, if it is all a con?

Markylad

Full Registered User
I received the same email from them. I already have a background in this type of work and thought I'd get in touch with them to show some interest. A few days later I received an email stating they were impressed with my application and would like to offer me a job. They stated that part of the process was to take up the free training package, they would fund this for me, however since making my application the price of the training had increased by £90 which they were unable to pay so requested that I paid this small sum whilst they paid the majority. I contacted them explaining that I did not need to do the training package due to already being trained in this area and that I accept their job offer but without the training package. I received a polite email stating that it shouldn't be a problem and that he would check with his colleagues. I haven't heard anything back other than an email when I chased it up stating that he was still waiting for a response from his colleagues. I find it unusual that if this was a legit business, why would they not want to take someone on who is already trained, but more than happy to pull out money to train someone to do the training....... trained or untrained..... I know which one I would take on!!

What we are looking for
Male or Female.
Ideally aged over 35
Weekly pay

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
I received the same email from them. I already have a background in this type of work and thought I'd get in touch with them to show some interest. A few days later I received an email stating they were impressed with my application and would like to offer me a job. They stated that part of the process was to take up the free training package, they would fund this for me, however since making my application the price of the training had increased by £90 which they were unable to pay so requested that I paid this small sum whilst they paid the majority. I contacted them explaining that I did not need to do the training package due to already being trained in this area and that I accept their job offer but without the training package. I received a polite email stating that it shouldn't be a problem and that he would check with his colleagues. I haven't heard anything back other than an email when I chased it up stating that he was still waiting for a response from his colleagues. I find it unusual that if this was a legit business, why would they not want to take someone on who is already trained, but more than happy to pull out money to train someone to do the training....... trained or untrained..... I know which one I would take on!!
It's a con, your story just proves it 100% there after money and not trained operators.

BlueRider

Full Registered User
I too had an email from NN Investigations inviting me to appktfor the position of private investigator. They said they were emailing me as I had "shown an interest" in becoming a PI before. The email is the same as posted earlier in this thread. Curious, I applied and sent them my CV. They sent me another email asking me to confirm that I had no criminal convictions, even though I had already said so on the application form. I replied confirming that I had no precons. A couple of days later, they sent an email offering me a PI job. They said that I had to pick up my training package from anothet site using a link. However, they said I would gave to pay £90 towards they cost, which I could "claim back" later. Looking at the training package, it doesn't appear to be accredited. I decided to research NN Investigations further, after which I came to the conclusion that this is a certain scam! My reasons are listed below. Needless to say, I haven't taken them up on their offer. Over a week later I haven't heard anything more!

1: They contacted me out of the blue by email.

2: Their spelling and grammar are poor.

3: There was no face to face interview or any telephone contact.

4: They made the job offer within 4 days of applying. Job applications usually take much longer.

5: There is no phone number on their website. They even tried to explain in their original email that they don't have telephone support as "it's not factored into their business plan". Since when do reputable companies not have telephone contact!

6: They want £90 up front towards their "£575 training package". Again, they say that this £90 is not "factored into their business package". Then how come they are able to refund it later by not charging me commission on my first two jobs?

7: NN Investigations are not registered at Companies House.

8: Their website has only been running since 24th July, 2016, yet they have such glowing testimonials already, and the link to the training package site has too, and it has the one token bad review that has what is obviously deliberate spelling mistakes!

9: They say they have "vast experience" in the UK, Europe and the USA, yet nobody has heard of them before.

10: They offer "at least 20 leads a week". Unlikely!

11: They give an address on a business park in Didcot, Oxfordshire. While this business park does exist, anybody can give it as an address. I bet any mail sent there won't be delivered, and that there is no company of that name there!

12: Their so called training company "Security Services Training" does not appear to exist.

13 ( what a great number!): All in all, it looks TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, WHICH MEANS IT PROBABLY IS!

Watzits

What we are looking for
Male or Female.
Ideally aged over 35
Weekly pay
Received exactly the same email around 2 months ago followed up a few weeks ago with an email saying I had been accepted. I ve just written a reply to them where I say I can not find any information on the internet regarding NNI or their training organisation SIT. It was around this point I came across this website and thread. So my suspicions were confirmed it is too good to be true. They are asking everyone to contribute £90 towards training this is the scam in my opinion and should be avoided at all cost.

Zulu3391

Fraudulent TPIRC company. Keep clear

Hi, can you please explain as i am new and i just sign up with them. Did I make a mistake ? Whats sounds as wikeleaks /?
They are a completely fraudulent company. 3 people - Mary Lewis, Kevin Maynard and "the boss" Patrick Carter are allegedly involved in running the unscrupulous farce. I now suspect they are one person. I fell for it, hook line and sinker. Do not go near.

Top Bottom