NN Investigations

Jordan,

You won't be able to do anything, firstly you need to report a crime, get the ball rolling as they say!

I am not directly effected so can't offer any more details.

Regards

premier

I got this email about 2 weeks ago, I presume after i had responded to an ad requesting investigators Nationwide. I replied and after a few days received another email asking me to confirm i had no convictions etc and would be happy to supply a dbs. I was waiting for the kicker about having to pay x for a "training" package but received another email outlining the package and remuneration. Training was mentioned but i got the impression it was if required and in any event subsidised by them bar a cost of £90. Apparently they make their money on a commission split from completed jobs. Still falling into the "sounds too good to be true" category but while there is no upfront cost to me i will go along with it and see what happens

I received an invitation to this company and completed the training on the basis that I had to pay half the training fees - in January 2017 that was £287 and when I completed this online course I have not been offered any work at all . I couldn't find anything on Dean Wright or his company on Company house but Facebook have a link there . I typed in his name and one other person knew of him saying he had been investigated by the police in Oxford last year. Now the alarm bells are ringing. If I dont hear back from him in the next few days then I'll report this . Ive spent a considerable amount of money on training and getting equipment and feel so stupid. Lesson learnt !

I received an invitation to this company and completed the training on the basis that I had to pay half the training fees - in January 2017 that was £287 and when I completed this online course I have not been offered any work at all . I couldn't find anything on Dean Wright or his company on Company house but Facebook have a link there . I typed in his name and one other person knew of him saying he had been investigated by the police in Oxford last year. Now the alarm bells are ringing. If I dont hear back from him in the next few days then I'll report this . Ive spent a considerable amount of money on training and getting equipment and feel so stupid. Lesson learnt !

Why are you waiting? Report it now, you should have all the proof you need from previous posts.
Scammers get away with this stuff because people 'wait and see'.

Come to terms with it, you've been screwed, fight back, immediately...

Sorry, I misunderstood - I didn't realise that you had been conned too. Anyway, thanks for the watchdog comment. The only trouble is that I went to their website and typed the whole statement into the input box, and when I tried to copy the scrolling screen to save it to my computer, I didn't quite get all of it. However, I'll paste the bit that I did manage to recover. I've emailed WD to see if they can email me a copy of it, but nothing back so far.

No Problem and hopefully Watch Dog get back to you at some stage.

Scam

Has I guess by now reading this thread you are aware it was a scam. I almost went for it myself but just didn't feel right in the end. You must report it immediately, these people need locking up but it unlikely anything will get done. Not sure what the overall scale of the scam was or total monies involved. But I got scammed on a property deal 6-7 years ago where they got away with 60 million plus and they still did very little about it. Good luck anyway mate hope you get some response

Hi Jordan,

That is his MO, I dont even think Paula Baxter exists. He will keep stringing you on probably hoping you will forget and move on and take NO action. He has never had ANY intention of sending you ANY leads.

If you remember he said right from the getgo that you would start to recieve 20 leads per week, and if I remember rightly, although he says he wants you to take the shoddy course, he says you will start to receieve them even before completion.

It sounds like you, like most of us have recieved absolutely NO leads at all, and as far as the computer system being implimented, he has been doing that since November 2016, then his team gets flue (all of them :))

He is a con man, ask him for a face to face meeting, he will completely mess you around on that one too.

Its like everyone else that has paid him, they have not had any contact with Paula Baxter, or if it has it almost resembles some useless automated responce. I too paid him and this was in November 2016 and I have had NOTHINg in terms of what was promised for the fee that we had to pay to join his well dodgy scheme.

I recently saw some other site where the person was also also saying the guy is a scam artist, take a look it is:

https://nninvestigations.wordpress.com/

Thanks,

I have had same experience too, I have just reported the ad to Guardian newspaper which is where I made my application from initally -I had been sent receipts when I paid my course fees, but these seem to have been recalled as they have vanished from my emails!

I reported them to the fraud office and waited weeks and they could not do anything as they did not have any leads !!!
Absolutely crazy....

Re domain website for NN
Domain Age: 210 Days
Website Speed: Slow
Website Value: $896.20

Organisation: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Owner: Registration Private
Owner Address: DomainsByProxy.com,14455 N. Hayden Road
Owner City: Scottsdale
Owner Postcode: 85260
Phone Number: +1.4806242599*
Phone Type: geographic :phoenix, AZ Qwest Corporation
Email: nninvestigations.net@domainsbyproxy.com*

Owner Country : Hidden*
Website Location**: United States*

Probable website origin :-

*88%;** *Unknown

*12%;** *United States

Notes:-
The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
This website is 210 Days old
The website expected life (364 days) is relatively short.

Analysis Details:-
Although being a new website, does not make it un-trustworthy, as with any new business you should be extra vigilant and do your own research before placing an order or making an investment.
This site is using an anonymous service - which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site - we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectancy, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent and fake selling websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.

ms

I reported it and got a bank refund from the fraud department I also got a reference from Action fraud who work as an agency on behalf of the police - and got a letter back from the IPI secretary .The SIA handed me on to the Action fraud via crimestoppers and the police.They are now on the case so to speak.regards

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that all those above have been suckered in by these people - didn't you do at least the minutest of research?

If any of you have an axe to grind with these people, then I would strongly advise that you contact the Association of British Investigators. They are fully aware of the con artists (allegedly) who are out there and are working with the appropriate authorities to bring them to book - trust me.

The BEST thing any of you can do rather than waste a policeman's time is report your findings to the ABI.

Remember, this is an open network where the 'baddies; can also read your posts. Why give them ammunition for their own defence.

Peter
Welcome to ISS Training Ltd - ISS Training Ltd

Since my original post NN investigations have witten persistently and wrote to me recently that they had secured extra funding for the online training. They are now only requesting £95 instead of 200 plus....smell the bullshish....soon they will want to pay me to do the course

I had to pay for 50% of the training costs which amounted to £287.50 but as yet have had no work leads at all from them . I'll be informing trading standards. Cant quite see how they can do anything .

Fraud squad didnt help

the fraud squad didn't say there is anything they can do the fraud report I was sent said there had be on leads...

I wish we were in the days of wasting a policeman's time perhaps the crime rate would halve in this country. The number of Police were notified at the time....

Hi all,

I too was scammed by this very clever fraud, but hey guess what? I am happy because I just got a refund by disputing the transaction with paypal, and now have a free usb stick. I recommend others do the same.

Back