Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

North Handlers

silent

Longterm Registered User
Hi All,

I have been asked several times in recent weeks if I can get handlers with dogs and vehicles to cover short notice GP work and warrant execution / restraint work mainly Lancs, Merseyside and Yorkshire. If you are interested please either PM me or email me details to handlers@k9servicesuk.com

For example, tonight (I do realise its extremely short notice) I have been asked for a GP handler in Manchester area, pay is £12 p/h on a s/e basis. That's all I know but it may help someone out there.

Warrant work pays £80+ per job and can be as little as an hour for the money
GP work from £9+
Just as an extra I have a semi trained dog at home available to use for the right handler on these jobs if you are stuck for a four legged companion. He is itching to work whilst I am teaching my current courses.

Hope this will help some of you out there

silent

Longterm Registered User
Just an extra guys, I have had three emails this morning asking for client info, rates of pay, uniforms, accepted breeds etc so this is a summary...

I am a solo handler the same as most of you, freelancing to whoever asks. The warrant work / animal restraint work has been for major power companies given to me via a consultant working for the suppliers.

The dog handling work has been adhoc short notice work and again has been on power sites.

I invoice the consultant directly and thus far he has paid me on time and in full.

It has been mentioned that the invoicing will be going to 30 day terms

Breeds??? Really???

Uniforms? Standard black combat style, Hi Viz (I use the black Hi Viz and that seems accepted as there are no other personnel on site)

The client has made a site visit whilst I was there to check my details and the welfare of the dog inc K9 first aid kit

The rates above are the minimum rates I have been paid and each job has been individually rated prior to my agreeing to take the job on. The sites have been clean however welfare provision isn't always provided so don't say you weren't warned!

As I said I am not a security company taking a massive cut, I am just passing on work to other handlers to cover short notice work

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom