Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NVR integration with other ip devices

EdwinHL

Good day, i´m wondering if someone has tried to access a different IP device through an NVR. For example: If i have a switch connected to an NVR via ethernet cable and then connect a Fingerprint reader to any ETH port of the same NVR (TCP/IP comm.) would i be able to access the fingerprint reader from the switch?

Switch --> NVR --> fingerprint reader (Ethernet cable - TCP/IP communication protocol)

Thanks for your comments :)

tomengineer

Forum Supporter
Hi. It depends on the type of NVR.

Standalone NVR ... The answer is no. A standalone you can't add software to read the info from the fingerprint reader

PC based NVR...... Yes you can. As you can add software or alter NVR software using the sdk.

And in both cases .. Standalone or PC it depends on what you want the fingerprint reader to do. If your not looking at sending full data and only looking at say using fingerprint to open a door then you would only be looking at a switch trigger to the standalone relay inputs or to a PC based to a IO box.
What are you looking at doing.

EdwinHL

Hi. It depends on the type of NVR.

Standalone NVR ... The answer is no. A standalone you can't add software to read the info from the fingerprint reader

PC based NVR...... Yes you can. As you can add software or alter NVR software using the sdk.

And in both cases .. Standalone or PC it depends on what you want the fingerprint reader to do. If your not looking at sending full data and only looking at say using fingerprint to open a door then you would only be looking at a switch trigger to the standalone relay inputs or to a PC based to a IO box.
What are you looking at doing.
Hi tomengineer and thanks for your reply. In my case, what i want to do is use the software provided with the fingerprint reader to retrieve the information of events (Openning and closing of the doors, identification of who is doing it with time and date, etc), but i want to do it from a PC connected to the same network as the NVR, like this:

PC (with SW for fingerprint reader) --> Network Switch --> PC based NVR --> fingerprint reader (TCP/IP communication)

I hope that´s clear enough. Thanks again for the help :)

P.D. Could you recommend a brand and model of PC based NVR?

Top Bottom