off shore account or use world first ?

sinner64

Full Registered User
Hi just a wuick question, anyone know the best way to do things ?? Starting new job in Saudi, paid in Rials , but what is the best way to do it ? I will be signing up with an accountant, probs the guys who are here, but not sure if I am better off getting an off shore account or just using world first

So main question has anyone used them and are they any good ? worth using?

Or go down the off shore route which TBH seems a lot more complicated
Cheers all

I use World First and would recommend them, though there are a lot of similar options. One thing they have been good at is if there is an issue you do not end up speaking to a call centre somewhere south of the Equator, you have a nominated POC in their London office who is familiar with your account. They are also good in that they will speak to a significant other etc if you've named them on the account, which can be vital if you're out of comms and there is an issue back home (Barclays International were a nightmare in relation to this, always put through to a distant call centre with any issues which invariably they did not manage to sort out).

Without going into a full-on rant... put wife on the account in case any issues when I am out of comms. She doesn't have a middle name but Barclays had given her one (well on the letter a middle initial at least). Called up the bank we went into to give the papers and they can't help as Barclays Interntaional "is differrent". Get given a number to call, before the call centre will speak to me the security question is, yes you've guessed it, "what is your wifes middle name?". Maybe it's me but couldn't get them to grasp that God hadn't given her one, even if they had and I am not going to be able to tell them what the "M" stands for. Crap exchange rate too and when I stopped using them and transferred to World First as we could not resolve the middle name issue with their call centre, they charged me as i had not put enough money through the account in the time it was open...

So if anyone's wondering, I don't work for World First, just got reamed by Barclay's International.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve , think that makes my mind up as I am with Barclay and they trying to get me to use them
cheers for the help. much appreciated

Talk to AES International, run by ex-military and they will give good advice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Close Protection World mobile app

Hi Everyone,

I've now moved from World First, where I was assisting many CPW forum users convert their USD salaries into GBP for almost four years. I am now at Infinity International in Moorgate, able to carry on getting you a better exchange rate when converting your salary into GBP.

Get in touch with any questions or post on here. I'll be back regularly to answer any queries.

Back