Old and new Oppo's

Hello to the forum my first time on the site and its fantastic to see we have our very own corner! I'm still in- the fighting forty-fifth but putting my chit in after this next afghan and hopefully earn some good money for a living! Hope you are all doing well!

hay hows u? my names paul ex bootneck just left this year an tryin to get into c.p 1 tour of afghan ended this year. any advice? cheers royal

Hello Bootnecks,

Joined 1991 613 troop (unlucky for some second to none!!)Went straight to DQ`S!Then out to Norway with Logs and Med squadron.Went on to box for the Corps and Navy.Completed the RMP CP course whilst at HMS WARRIOR.Served in N.I ON OP LIFESPAN,HMS CARDIFF GULF PATROL,RM POOLE,finished off in Sierra Leone has a door gunner in 2000 for 847.Numerous tours of THAILAND!Looking at getting back into CP.

Anyone out there done these drafts.

All the best

reply to steve

alright another ex bootneck here served from 98 to 2003 in 40 cdo and uklf csg . just last year done my psd and trying to find companies in the uk that work in the uk to take me on an ideas. at present time im doing show security
many thanks mick mullett

reply to steve

Well another ex bootneck served from 1998-2004 most of it at 45. Done tours of Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq, Northern Ireland(if you could call it a tour in 2003!). Left to go work for the PMC's in Iraq and Afghanistan until 2008. Now got my first commercial c.p job working for a french company in Mayfair, just wanted to ask some of the more commercially experienced lads any tips, speak french and arabic and am trained intermediate medic but seem to be getting no where with the U.K companies. Still heard it is clicky.

to jame1664

hi james. i passed out with 736 troop in 98 and left at the back end of 2003. i have got my sia close protection licence,also got my psd and nra pistol and rirle certificates and looking for work any ideas ?

Steve

Billy Bowker here looking at doing security consultant course with Anubis and getting into the industry looking to Thailand or se asia. Off to RMR Scotland where CO is Ronin owner Mckinley im there as new Sgt Major mid Jan so if you need out let me know. Would be interested in any contacts you have in the near future as ive just passed for NZ Army next yr as Staff Sgt but undecided keeping all my options open. Cheers Billy

Billy. Did you do your juniors in 91?

Ba

Steve

Billy Bowker here looking at doing security consultant course with Anubis and getting into the industry looking to Thailand or se asia. Off to RMR Scotland where CO is Ronin owner Mckinley im there as new Sgt Major mid Jan so if you need out let me know. Would be interested in any contacts you have in the near future as ive just passed for NZ Army next yr as Staff Sgt but undecided keeping all my options open. Cheers Billy

Steve

Hi Billy,

Sorry for the short answer as I have limited comms at present. Drop me a line further down the line when you have decided which way you are going.Good move on thinking about the consultancy side as that would be the main stay of the work out this side. It may be an idea to network on the UK side too, most of my work comes from UK/USA based companies passing it on down the line although many have subsideries in the region so it helps if they know you first hand. Very difficult getting a foot in the door out here, not too many of us but competition fierce because obviously there are a fair few people wishing to be this side of the world.

Thanks for the offer mate, give you a shout if I think of anything.

Steve.

jobs

hi lads
any ex royal out there who could give me a list of companys who taking on lads . i have my sia cp licence for work in the uk and also done psd . if anyone can help me please drop me a line
cheers royal

ps anyone who passed out with or who was in 736 troop please get in touch.

many thanks again
mick mullett

Hello Royal,

Currently still serving (In Afghan at the moment). Joined in '05, so pretty wet behind the ears. Joined M coy on passing out, did two tours of Afghan, a short one during Herrick 4, Herrick 5 and now out here again.

Leaving in April as I want to do other things. Looking to get into CP, preferably in Africa, but I will take anything to get my foot in the door ... reputation is key after all.

Any help would be magic!

Cheers,
Robbo

Hello mate, I have a notion that our paths may have crossed. Joined 1980-k coy , life story maybe later. If my memory serves me right....does your surname begin...mc..? How does one exchange email address, without the world knowing? Just signed onto this site yesterday...still finding my feet.

Fed up Bootneck

Joined 767 Tp in '99, passing out with them in Feb '00, joining K coy 42. Did OP PALLISER and Norway with them before joining Y coy 45 in Jun '01 then 45 Recce in Feb '02. Did OP JACANA, OP TELIC 1, Para cse, OP BANNER 4 and my Snipes before being sent south to BPT. Did a jungle + 2 Norways then OP HERRICK 5 (best thing I've done in the corps) with BPT then fell to the ground with a thud in the form of a Juniors (GD Corporal = no Recce or Sniper billet!). Am now on OP HERRICK 9 as a Sect Comd with L coy 42 and seriously considering a change in career.
I looked into CP work in '05 but now is the time for me. I would really appreciate any input or advice, especially from experienced former Marines like yourselves.
Cheers and stay lucky.

Back