Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oops: Azerbaijan released election results before voting had even started

KingLeonidas

Longterm Registered User
I'm lovin' it :)
It saves people having to actually walk down and vote - if they're supporting the loser.
If they would just post these results a month ahead of time ... everbody could go fishing.

I love the third world.
Drink more beer !!!

KL

littlewoman

Longterm Registered User
I doubt there's any "ooops" about it. I suspect it was deliberate sabotage by someone. If you're going to fake an election, the best way to do it is to have a load of fake ballot papers that are substituted for the real ones somewhere between the voting station and the count. If they've done that with the pre-determined count, it now won't work. Even it that wasn't happening, there is going to be much more scrutiny of the voting process now, and any result that puts the current party in power will be viewed with cynicism by the world in general.

Some years ago in the Ukraine, state TV was due to announce that the party in power had won the election. The journalists all knew the election was entirely rigged but couldn't say anything because there were armed soldiers at the station to make sure that the right result got broadcast. Fortunately none of the soldiers knew sign language. The sign language interpreter took the courageous decision to tell all the deaf viewers that the election was rigged and that armed troops were in the studio to make sure the false results were broadcast. The massage got around from the deaf community to the hearing community fast enough to ensure the safety of the person spilling the beans. It was a very brave thing that she did!

saward

Longterm Registered User
Early this year in Puntland, Somalia, ballot boxes where sent out to the ‘polling stations’ with the papers already filled in. As this was done by President Faroles party a ‘rigged vote’ would seem to be the idea.
Needless to say the local population was not impressed and the elections cancelled.

Saward

gareth

Longterm Registered User
I haven't read the link yet but did the guy currently in charge get back in?

Top Bottom