Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I finished my time in IB. Alllowance there then was 101.00 a day plus LSSA. Today the allowance is 130.00 a day plus LSSA! Just the allowance alone adds 3900.00 to a 30 day month. A Green Tour just gives you your LSSA. Neil

Covert Munkey

Administrator
How unfair is that?

Its a known fact the green guys in baghdad work so much harder than the FCO lads. Plus they get inet/pods the whole shooting match!

LOL im only jealous i havnt done IB yet!

Get some time under your belt cherry boy and you might get a black tour... By the way the last time i done AK I was paid operational allowance at the end of the tour (about £2300).

Hippo

Neil

Some do it now for the money then when serving we did it for....................?????

Just heard today that the Op allowance for IB is set to rise again (its at 130 pounds a day already)...

With the daily rate of some PSC's being 172 and a bit higher it puts the CP Teams on a nice little earner. It puts most, if not all team members on well over 220 a day before the rise, in IB (taxed admittedly). Then there's the tax free allowance you get for 6+ months out of the country, which is about 2 grand+. Happy Days...

Neil

Hippo

Can I sign back on, I'll promise to wear my beret this time?
I wonder if the Provost Marshall would object.

kernow24

Full Registered User
kernow 24

I finished my time in IB. Alllowance there then was 101.00 a day plus LSSA. Today the allowance is 130.00 a day plus LSSA! Just the allowance alone adds 3900.00 to a 30 day month. A Green Tour just gives you your LSSA. Neil
Gents in reply to a number of messages that are talking about the Operational Allowance and the current FCO allowance for the IB team it can be quoted that as of the 1st of Apr the allowance was cut from what Neil suggests it was by more than £100 a day. :eek: Any preconceived idea now that the teams receive a substantial amount of 'unearned' money over and above that of the GREEN teams should reflect this change.

Whilst it is appreciated that green teams do in fact work very hard and are not rewarded for it, that is not the fault of anyone deployed on an FCO tour and those people would have gladly accepted the tour for themselves if the chance had arisen. The FCO lads do actually work as well and I find it quite sad that 'friends' would publicly berate them. :mad:

A few smiles on faces I suspest and perhaps it is something that should never have been paid as it was but the fact remains it was and many people past and present earned a bonus from it.

Well done to all I say. ;)

kernow24

Full Registered User
kernow 24

Sorry lads,

One more point and that is that the Op allowance for being deployed on either a Telic or Herrick tour was received by some teams. This has also stopped being paid so no £2500 there either.

Those thinking of signing back on should reconsider it eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not as rosey as it seems.

Good luck to you all military or civilian that are working at the moment and keep safe.

Top Bottom