Part time CPO positions in London?

Haganah2008

Full Registered User
Hi,

I thought this might deserve a separate thread. I'm currently SIA SD licence and apart from the usual "doors" I get some work on "VIP" events in London. Some involve interesting tasks for interesting people. Since I have a rather good well paid and sometimes even "exciting" day job apart, I was thinking of doing something similar but within the CPO environment.

Therefore I wanted to develop professionally and step up the game, without leaving my day job. Is that possible?

Are there CPOs out there doing it more for the "weekend challenge" and/or "professional development" instead of aiming to earn a living? Thank you

I think you are doing it the correct way given how flooded the CP market is. By this I mean thinking about starting off in the CP industry and working security roles in other area's. Its nice to see, rather than "I've just left the mob , I deserve a top CP job coz I done 24 years in the teeth arm innit".
I wish you all the best. Most people I know who work in CP (myself included) work doors and events when times are quite or between contracts. you will find that the CP becomes more and the doors less as you get to meet the right kind of people.
LH

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm in a similar position to you and wondered if you'd got any further with your research?

Back