Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Police give away badge number.

Prestige76

Longterm Registered User
We ejected a guy and walked (and I really do mean walked) him out. He then phoned the police because he didn't like the fact he had been led outside. He also made up some BS about been headbutted by one of my guys. So after about 40mins the police turn up and take his badge number and give it to the guy who phoned them. They then decided to go inside and check the CCTV and when they came out said we didn't do anything but the guy was going to get a fine for taking a piss against a wall. By now he had walked off so they even had to go and find him.

It takes the piss they can give away our numbers without even checking if its for a valid reason.

Phecta

Longterm Registered User
Thats why you have a number, so that any member of the public can request it for identifying an individual for any complain or praise.

Its far better than giving them your name and address. with a number, they cannot see where you live. Its the same as the police they will just give for example PC0000 and not even a need for name or address.

Bubba

Super Moderator
Happens all the time.
But it is normally only sh!t that rolls downhill.
I went for accreditation with an awarding body - my assessor for the body had been in to one of my premises, and had written to the premises concerned to compliment one of my staff who had quite simply made her night.
The premises did nothing but complain as a client normally does, but they were overall happy with the service - we just never heard about it.
When the assessor came to visit for compliance, she already knew from the employee concerned that the company worked well.
As soon as I heard about it, the employee was contacted congratulated and suitably rewarded.
He did nothing out of the ordinary, but was still identified as being good at what he does.

Perhaps a bit more of this, and we would see a lot more staff with a lot more loyalty?

Bubba

KNASHER

Longterm Registered User
If you do a good job the customer would tell 10 people !! If you do a bad job the customer will tell the world.....way of the world ..

NASH..

billy1000

Full Registered User
That info regarding the police not having to give their name is wrong. When police do a stop and search they are required to give their name, collar number and station. The only time a number only, is given; is when the matter is an anti-terrorism operation/offence.

Any police on here will know "GOWISELY"

Top Bottom