Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AMBA738M

Longterm Registered User
Hi Guys
Can anyone give me a Syllabus outline of the UK Police Level 1 SV Course?

Cheers
Amba

Last edited:

No the other North!

Longterm Registered User
I write as a forum virgin, but not as an unknowing one. Go gentle re etiquette.

The answer is:

Yes, but the outline to the syllabus is, in itself, challenging, and there is no need to release it to parties unable to undertake the training. Solo distance learning without guidance may actually bring about confusion. (Show - Tell - Do - Consider)

Do you realise how long it would take to type, and even then it wouldn't make much sense? Topic headings are often acronyms too. The ever-changing and evolving nature of best practice means that things which were once pre-requisites, skills of which the holders were proud, fall by the wayside to be overtaken by others. In all probability, those who succeed on a start-of-year course will have a slightly different skill-set to end-of-year.

Best to undertake pre-select with an open, enquiring mind, then hope your pre-reads arrive before rather than after the course. In practice, much depends upon your capacity for fast learning in class, on the ground, on the day, at the time. Sort of like chess but without telling you all the rules. This too is a measure of the candidate and reflects reality.

I really haven't helped you much here, I'm afraid, but there are at least two extremely important advices above.

Covert Munkey

Administrator
I agree, 'no, the other north' (nice name by the way)

Having completed the Level 1 surveillance course myself with TVP i can confirm that although there is alot of theory this theory is confirmed and practiced and practised again and again on the ground. Having the contents displayed here will not really help. Plus any course pre-read will answer all your questions AMBA.

The contents of the Level 1 surveillance course should not and will not be allowed to be released through this medium.

If you want to know info on Surv then PM 'Peter Jenkins' as he wrote a book on surveillance!

Sorry Amba378m but as far as i am aware the only way you can do an official level 1 surveillance course is through a Police force or Govt agency as a member of said organisation.

There are civillian companies out there doing surveillance training courses but as far as i'm aware these are not recognised by Govt organisations(maybe recognised by City and guilds etc) but thats about it.

I may be wrong and usually am but can you get a Level 1 sur qual from a Civ company?

What do people think about civ trg companies releasing Surveillance doctrine?

Will be interesting to see what people think?

If you have any questions AMBA then PM me buddy?

CM

Hi, I'm ex old bill and a qualified National Surveillance Course (Level 1) instructor. There are some civ companies doing training and they have various accreditations, but the only Nationally recognised Level 1 course is the NSC.
I agree with you Monkey that covert surveillance methods and technology shouldn't be posted on publicly accessible websites!
I am looking into setting up a training course myself and may be able to help in the near future.
Cheers, Nick

bongybrown

Full Registered User
Nick,
keen to do NSC Level 1 any dates, location and duration of course would be appreciated,
Bongybrown

Hey Bongybrown, I've just started my own PI/freelance surveillance agency. I will be organising training as an another arm in the future. I will let you know when the courses are organised. I'm based in Surrey, but willing to travel. Where are you locate?
Nick

Top Bottom