[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=gQPx-szCZ8E"]YouTube - CO19 Frontline[/ame]
Good documentry by sky, however it seems to highlight some of those wrong and sometimes downright dangerous shooting stances seen in Hollywood.

Sorry :), You do not hold the Glock an inch away from you're ear pointing at the ceiling, whether behind a ballistic entry shield or behind someones head, that's what they do in films when taking cover with their gold plated Desert Eagle. What you should do is hold it at waist height pointing forward to the ground - you can aim that bit quicker, you don't shoot you're colleague in the head and you don't rupture you're eardrum.

Your wasted Valor, you need to get yourself training CO19, I don't know how they have managed so long without you.

I was taught you could have it both ways, no jokes gents!
But we were and all very wrong.
icon7.gif

Now now girls ,you`ve either done it for real, as i know CO19 has or you log onto forums and talk sh$$e.
get some quality training , experience in a live police incident and then comment.
is that steam comming from youe ears co19

Me training wasnt as an aru, I have the greatest of respect for them, tell me how Im wrong though.

Last edited:
I have done many jobs with CO19 any never witnessed a practice that was dangerous or threatened another team member, where have you qualified then.

Station in the West Midlands and it isn't dangerous then - as you are all telling me, that was my own assumption. I was taught differently, but I was not taught that it was dangerous.
(Please send hate-mail to my hotmail address, not to my account :) )
Apologies to all.

Last edited:
Easy tigers, its good to have a healthy debate but you have to respect other peoples opinions, what wrong for one man is right for another, there are alot of experienced guys on this forum who have done the training and been involved in situations who have totally different way of doing whats put in front of them. ding ding round two lol

When not pointed at an 'x-ray', all drawn firearms should be pointed in a safe direction - it might look a little Hollywood ish but holding an SLP or carbine with the barrel pointing up is a perfectly acceptable method of carriage when stacked up for a building entry (dynamic of otherwise) as officers are very close together.

Low-port carriage (where the barrel is pointing down) is good for partol work etc as it is not so threatening to MoPs.

High-Port carriage (where the barrel is pointing up) is sometimes favoured because it can be quicker to lower a heavy weapon (such as a G36C) than to raise it.

Cheers

Nobby

Last edited:
I´m an armed officer, though not in UK. I would not hold my weapon like that.
Then again I have no doubt a bout that those armed officers doing real life work would not have a good reason for doing it like that. If they like it like that they propaply have figured it out some how. So fine by me.
I would like to hear why they do it that way so I could wonder should I also rethink my actions.

Last edited:
Sorry I was lazy. Didn´t notice Nobbynobs message. Point taken though again, the way I train and was thought I´m still low-port fan.
But with a pistol in tight places... mayby..mayby..

The thing is I can understand high-port carriage while in the confined space of a doorframe, as in the clip, but why hold it like that while recieving instructions or moving into cover. Many US cops are trained to hold their shotgun at high-port which is understandable due its length, but the way some officers handle their weapons ...

The 'High Ready' carry from the US POV with the Tactical Shotgun is the preferred position of carry when negotiating large areas such as the outdoors when weapon retention is not an issue, also in an urban enviro threats can come from above (windows etc) allowing a 'faster response' if only by milliseconds, however it may be considered that this method of carry is generally less fatiguing than a low ready position of carry.

The use of a shotgun here in Switzerland by Police is only as a breaching device and animal control (Rampant mad-cows tearing down a high street damaging property etc) and cannot be used in the obvious sense against humans as this is deemed 'excessive force'.

Last edited:
Back