Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AICGIBSON

Full Registered User
My team has a potential client traveling to India. I've heard it's not as pleasent as it should be. One of our agents seems to think the threat level for Americans in India is significantly high, specially in the ares we are going to.

What are your takes on this? Is India a high risk work area?

Project 4 Solutions

Full Registered User
Have a look at the CIA world factbook, FCO Website and also have a look at and subscribe to hotspots from ASI Group. ASI GROUP - GLOBAL RISK MANAGEMENT

This will give you an overview of the country and if anything significant has happend it will be on the hotspots report.

Not much in the way of direct intelligence but i'm sure it will give you a steer. On another note, the biggest threat to your client in whichever country he/she goes is their nationality. I was working on a US flagged ship once upon a time and the flag hanging off the back of it was the cause of all the nause. Seems that the world police have made a few enemies.

Cheers

Kev

Try this

General

There is a high threat from terrorism. Be aware of street crime, and take personal security measures. Safeguard passports, credit /ATM cards, particularly when travelling on public transport. There have been reports of drugging food and drink to carry out robberies. There are dangers of landmines / unexploded ordnance in some border areas. There is also a risk of kidnap. Weapons (assorted), vehicle security, personal security, checkpoints, general travel, navigation, off road driving, building / office security, hot weather injuries, personal hygiene, sanitation / sterilisation, diseases, clothing & equipment, emergency first aid, helicopter safety, cultures / customs, communications, terrorism, civil disturbances / unrest, terrorism, drought / floods / natural disasters.

Water
Use bottled water at all times, if not ensure correct sterilisation takes place.
Ground
Upland plain (Deccan Plateau) in south, flat to rolling plain along the Ganges, deserts in west, Himalayas in north.
Climate
Varies from tropical monsoon in south to temperate in north.
Natural Hazards
Droughts; flash floods, as well as widespread and destructive flooding from monsoonal rains; severe thunderstorms; earthquakes.
Health Issues
Avian influenza, bacterial diarrhoea, bubonic plaque, dengue fever, filariasis, hepatitis A, B and E, Japanese encephalitis, malaria, meningitis, polio, rabies, tick-borne relapsing fever, typhoid fever, yellow fever.
Hospital: Appollo Hospital, Saritarihar, Delhi Maghura Road, New Delhi. Tel: 11-6925858

Enviormental
Deforestation; soil erosion; overgrazing; desertification; air pollution from industrial effluents and vehicle emissions; water pollution from raw sewage and runoff of agricultural pesticides; tap water is not potable throughout the country; huge and growing population is overstraining natural resources.

Roads
Driving on Indian roads can be hazardous, parricularly at night in rural areas. Inadequately lit buses and trucks, poor driving and badly maintained vehicles are the main causes of accidents.

Obviously these are brief pointers from which you will be able to follow up to create more a more in depth profile. If you require further, the AG guys on here from the FCO project in AFGN, could probably resource you some regional int.

I know its not much and yes its cut n pasted but hope it helps

Stay safe

Top Bottom