Protein Powder

kravmaga

Full Registered User
Hello all,

Currently I am on a mission to lose bodyfat. Been a good girl diet wise and also managed to drag my ass out of bed in the morning for a bit of sweating (which honestly kills me..each and every morning) before breakfast.
Now I would like to support this with some protein shakes..but dont know which one - as there are gazillions out there, and I want to avoid actually maybe buying the wrong one... and ending up like the incredible hulk??

Would be thankful for any usefull hints,

mille grazie!

KM

If you are looking at losing body fat and you wan't a high protein suppliment to help, then i would reccomend Maximuscle Promax Diet. I have been using this product on and off for a while and can honestly say it works really well!

As above but if you still struggle try using stimulant drinks like red bull to raise your metabolic rate, but eat high protein snacks little and often to keep your metabolic rate up naturally.Do not forget you need carbs so do not give them up altogether.
The best way to lose weight is eat less and do more with a balanced diet ,sometimes a balanced diet is hard to come by so supplements are the next best thing .
It is the exercises you do that define your body not the protein drinks.Protein will help develop muscles but how well developed is up to you. Doing Cardio Vascular exercises will just hone the muscles and give definition by burning fat off.Try the Cross Fit exercise regime for quick time results.
Hope this helps.

NASH..

Thanks,Gents!

the diet part (as in healthy) is not so hard most of the time - I steam and wok and really like veggies anyway -it's just the carbs I miss. Unfortunately I have to ban them for a little while - as I know it works for me - to see results more quickly. I am on a mission here - I have to attend my ex' wedding in june. no pain no gain.
there are just so many different kind of protein out there (wheat,soy etc..)...some help u bulk up others are better for slimming down...I just thought u guys(girls) surely know the score there.

red bull? interesting! I never thought about healthy and red bull in the same context so far LOL but makes sense somehow...it will be hard to leave the vodka out of it though.....:D

Thanks,Gents!

the diet part (as in healthy) is not so hard most of the time - I steam and wok and really like veggies anyway -it's just the carbs I miss. Unfortunately I have to ban them for a little while - as I know it works for me - to see results more quickly. I am on a mission here - I have to attend my ex' wedding in june. no pain no gain.
there are just so many different kind of protein out there (wheat,soy etc..)...some help u bulk up others are better for slimming down...I just thought u guys(girls) surely know the score there.

red bull? interesting! I never thought about healthy and red bull in the same context so far LOL but makes sense somehow...it will be hard to leave the vodka out of it though.....:D

Maximuscle Promax covers all your dietary needs (short term), Redbull is just a stimulant that boosts your metabolic rate.I never use it I use Blue Charge from ASDA exactly the same contents but half the price :)
Maximuscle has been voted the best for all round performance etc for three years in a row (dont quote me) by mens health magazines. I use it as well as a good diet :). Try using Creatine before working out and after (half price at Barretts ) it helps the muscle rehydrate therefore helping healing after workouts .

NASH..

Great advice from the guys, all I would add is that I am from the anti-maximuscle clan, I think it is over-priced and over-hyped. (No offence, I'm sure it's good for those who use it).

Check out Monster Supplements, they are ultra competitive and give great service.

I've just had a look and one of the top brands, PhD Nutrition, have a deal on PhD Diet Whey and Lean Degree. Stacking a diet fueling protein with a fat loss stimulant should give you optimum results.

Cheers!

Last edited:
If you are goin` to cut down heavily on carbs soon or later you are going to experience carbohydrate cravings...
That`s quite nasty...some people i know use sibutramine to control those cravings..

Anyway you have to be careful with low carbs diets...Too low on the carbs side and soon or later you are likely to lack serious amounts of essential nutrients that comes with carbs...

Also make sure that if you go that route your body gets enough vitamins, minerals and fiber to avoid blood chemistry imbalances..

Running and swimming works wonders with (moderately ) low carbs diet..

Regards

Hi There,

Look what your doing at the moment is fine and i really don't think you need to fill your body with any protein drinks, You should be looking at you diet and eating natural food to fuel you body's fitness routine. I know it sounds boring but i eat a large bowl of porridge in the morning and then fill my day up with fruit, vegetables and pasta...I'm pretty toned and can keep energy levels up to where they need to be...Drinking all these shakes aren't natural...Water! water! water! been out for years.

Sounds like youregetting some good advice here. Bless. If I eat junk food and cut back on training my body fat goes up to 8% while I'm in my normal training regime it's pretty stable at about 5-6%. Does anyone think this high protein stuff would help me bulk up a little? I'm an Ectomorph so my metabolism is super fast and I can eat whatever I want without putting on weight. I guess the grass is always greener....

Selous

Wow boys, thanks a million!!!!

A lot of infos and advice here - you are awesome:)
I am not planning on staying on super low carb for long - as I said I only am shaping up for an event and then - I can reintroduce it again. So far I think I am on the very healthy side of things. I have disgusting (cause from the powder form) wheat grass and spirulina shots in the morning, flax-sunflower-pumpkin and sesame seeds&goji berries in my joghurt and even before I went on this little diet I drank 3 litres of water-green tea-white tea (and the good morning coke light:D cause I am not a coffee person).

cheerio,
KM

Sounds like youregetting some good advice here. Bless. If I eat junk food and cut back on training my body fat goes up to 8% while I'm in my normal training regime it's pretty stable at about 5-6%. Does anyone think this high protein stuff would help me bulk up a little? I'm an Ectomorph so my metabolism is super fast and I can eat whatever I want without putting on weight. I guess the grass is always greener....

Selous

Sounds like your metabolism is the same as a shrew/humming bird,using any protein drink with regards to bulking up for someone like yourself you just need to use more of it and become a lazy fcuker! relaxing and rest days are just as important as working out if not more important too bulk up.
You can bulk up with one day a week workout if your job is a nice lazy one.
J20 is the girl to talk to about diet etc.

NASH..

First do not eat 180 minutes before you go to bed; allow your pituitary gland to work properly, this always helps.

Before you ingest any poisons in to you body such as Red Bull you may want to pick up some pH Test strips. They are easy enough to use and understand what you are testing for. You really want to have your alkaline level right if you are after a proper metabolic diet. If you do decide you really want to proceed with a metabolic diet then reading books and asking questions online will be a complete waste of your time. Fore no one on here has your blood test results used to determine the most accurate course of action for your body. You can ask your house Doctor where you could get this done or you could just go an visit a Kinesiologist.

But the easiest most cost and time effective way is to just not eat 180 minutes before you go to bed. If you need a recommended kinesologist in your area PM me and I will provide you with a list.

Hello all,

Currently I am on a mission to lose bodyfat. Been a good girl diet wise and also managed to drag my ass out of bed in the morning for a bit of sweating (which honestly kills me..each and every morning) before breakfast.
Now I would like to support this with some protein shakes..but dont know which one - as there are gazillions out there, and I want to avoid actually maybe buying the wrong one... and ending up like the incredible hulk??

Would be thankful for any usefull hints,

mille grazie!

KM

If I may add another direction to this discussion on Protein Powder. I would suggest that you start with having a physical along with blood work (as Ivan suggested) prior to starting any exercise program and adding protein powder.

Some (keep in mind I said some) are tainted with pro hormones that convert to AS. All protein powder is not created equally. Protein drinks are designed to be a meal replacement when your on the go and don't have time or access to nutrition. The only time that you should supplement your diet with protein is if your diet is not up to scratch. I would suggest that you speak with someone directly who understands nutrition and can help to formulate a properdiet.

Exercise has to be proper exercise where you focus on useful exercises for your profession. Excess size is not always good. I would suggest training for example:

Monday Chest and Triceps
Tuesday Back (deadlifts done properly)
Wednesday Legs (squats)
Thursday Shoulders

Cardio 3-4 times a week. You should use a heart rate monitor to work your body in the correct zone in order to not overtrain.

This program along with proper diet should yield the results that your looking for. In general terms supplementing your diet with protein shakes is not required in most cases. All I can suggest is to take a toilet roll with you as some protein shakes react differently to everyone. Second suggestion is to take a good SCBA for your mates as you may be blasting farts all over the place.

You should avoid caffeine products, energy drinks, effedra and other so called mystical potions etc as they cause the body to dehydrate and you lose all your essential nutrients through your urine. Also excess caffeine is not good long term for your health. In the end with these yo yo diets it does more harm than good.

Just a yankees 1p on the topic.

Best Wishes

Tapmaster

you have that right about the protein powders. I have only wasted cash once on them back in the early 90's; other than causing a sever case of the Roy D Mercer shits the only other use I found for it was channel cat chumming. Just drilled some small holes in the container and dropped it in.

YouTube - Prank Phone Call-Bad Apples

Protein shakes are not that relevant when you are on weight loss, unless to entirely substitute a meal. (They are more commonly used as muscle gaining aids)Take any powder that is marked Whey Isolate, rather than 'concentrate'. It digests better, no bloating or gas, overall a higher quality protein.

Thank you very much again for all the advice!
Very much appreciated!

I do not intend to go on a mega strict body building regime for the rest of my life:D
So yesterday I bough some soy protein (Isolate) and since I am not a breakfast person, I do substitute my breakfast with a drink(add some linwoods milled seedmix and goji berries) and a wheat grass/spirulina shot(vile in powdered form),after my morning workout.
Lunch is usually something fishy with some veg and dinner a quorn/tofu stir fry or so...
I feel good so far. I do have to have regular check ups anyway- so I know I am healthy as can be. :)

KM

Hey there!
OK...first post on here as just signed up, so appologies if it all goes wrong...

I too am anti MaxiMuscle. I used to be a bodybuilder & power lifter & have also had a stint at MMA. By far the best protein (& amino supplement) range, in my humble opinion, is that of Phd.
The "hulk" effect is a product of training & nutritional intake to facilitate such growth. Keep your training to what you know works for you & you will be fine.

Happy training!

Go for the Reflex Micro whey, I use it, its considered the best whey protein available.
Do a search to find the best price, I use a company called dolphIn fitness which is about the cheapest.

How did power lifting combined with body building work out for you? Where you a builder first? I only ask because I use to be in to power lifting for about 11 years and my self and fellow lifters could have never competed in a BB show. Every power lifter I know is far to much out of proportion even the Gold Metal winners.

Back