Protein Powder

No one's asked for pics of the results yet?

Priorities, gentlemen!!

Ok more helpfully; drinking cold water. Reduces the core temp which kicks the metabolism up a notch to create a little heat to restore balance. A calorie is a unit of heat after all. Teeny effect I'd imagine but it all adds up over time.

Aside that I'd just swear by cardio and diet.

How did power lifting combined with body building work out for you? Where you a builder first? I only ask because I use to be in to power lifting for about 11 years and my self and fellow lifters could have never competed in a BB show. Every power lifter I know is far to much out of proportion even the Gold Metal winners.

Started as a bodybuilder. The owner of my gym was a powerlifter so i ended up cross training...best results ever! I've now slipped away to oblivion while he holds records! (Dave Beattie : Genesis Gym, Alperton, London)

This does go this way more often than not; builder-lifter. When I started appearance was the not practical so I had no need for building. As fore Dave Beattie is this the same one that has a nephew lifting in the Yank Army? The kid started at like 11 lifting, later his family went to Yank land for work reasons and in the first season after joining the Army at 19 years of age he squashed Crusoe squat record in a a try out. I will find the article online they made a large story about the guy (entire history and how he started).

I could post progress pics up if you want?? , i first used PHd then changed over to Nutrisport 90+

I would say its a combination of cardio weights and diet trying to tweak it to get it just right, and knowing what works for you.

I started seriously training 2 years ago for bodybuilding.

Hey Ivan67...

Not sure but doubt it. The Dave i know did serve but out here in the Royal Marines & even that was some time ago. A search of : Dave "Bulldog" Beattie might give you better results...i say might as i'm about as computer litterate as a chimp!

A great way to strip fat is the Tabata method, 20 seconds of 100% effort followed by 10 seconds of rest and repeat he whole thing 7 more times, 8 in total. It works out at 4 mins altogether. The 20seconds can be sprinting, bag work, press ups or anything at all I prefer Kettlebells.

4 mins excercise doesn't sound a lot but it's not meant to be a magic pill so to speak just a supplement.

Now a word of warning, it is hard. You will feel dizzy sweat like you never have before and chances are you will need someone around to peel you off the floor should you manage to complete the 4 mins!

Heno

I could post progress pics up if you want?? , i first used PHd then changed over to Nutrisport 90+

I would say its a combination of cardio weights and diet trying to tweak it to get it just right, and knowing what works for you.

I started seriously training 2 years ago for bodybuilding.
Hey there!

I fully agree with everything you said. Finding that balance that works for you as an individual is the only way to reach optimum performance & results. (So is the choice of chemical aids taken if you're not competing for NABBA! And please don't think i'm implying anything to you personally...i'm new & last thing i want to do is upset anyone. Just the reality of the sport...)

Since we are on the subject of lifting now; should former career convicts be allowed to compete in professional competitions? I do think that yes they screw the cat very bad to get locked up and many rights should never be given back to them, vast majority of society has taken it to a further extreme than that not giving them any chance at all or very minor paying jobs.

However repeat offenders find it hard to make a living out side; but if the sports buffs were allowed to do their hobby as a job once they get out then why not. Personally I think that the pros turn in to big girls on the subject. Convicts break world records daily and many of them would love to make an attempt to live as a productive member of society.

What is everyone elses thoughts on the matter.

Hello Kravmaga

If you looking for a high quality protein and are willing to pay for it try either BSN's synatha-6 or Gaspari nutritions myofusion. These two products are high in protein and have a great taste

This is my opinion ofcourse

I personally believe they should be given the chance of redemption. Hang me if you like but i'll go further & say ex-cons get a raw deal with the SIA too. :eek:
Shit happens in life, period. Sometimes we make mistakes & all that governs whether we get to move on in life is if we were caught or not. Now i'll be blasted for having double standards by saying certain crimes should be treated differently (rape, child abuse etc) but i know of great doormen who fell foul of the courts & because of this, can't re-enter the security sector. Same with 2 CPO's. As for the sporting world...**** me! The so called professional athletes get slaps on wrists for the same conviction Joe Average would get 5yrs for & a fine that's covered by a couple days salary. So which is the bigger double standard i ask you?

Well...that's me. Sorry to have gone on but it's a subject that's personal to me.

.Wish.

Hello Kravmaga

If you looking for a high quality protein and are willing to pay for it try either BSN's synatha-6 or Gaspari nutritions myofusion. These two products are high in protein and have a great taste

This is my opinion ofcourse
Hey there!

Not trying to be a smart arse or offend but the BSN product Syntha-6 is not a pure protein supplement. It also contains carbs. But i agree it mixes well, tastes ok & is easy on the stomach. ;]

.Wish.

Hi there ,

After fasted cardio I would use protein and oats, nuke 50g of oats in micro with water, (or you can blend these into the shake and drink) then add one scoop of protein powder :) or you can do omelette with 2 full eggs and 6 egg whites, or you can scramble it.

Just catching up on this thread. Phd is a good brand of protein to use Pharma whey one has a high protein content low in carbs and no added rubbish around £24 - £26 a kg
Nutrisport 90+ is another good one cheap no thrill protein and low carbs around £18kg but it on line its much cheaper.

To target body fat in one particular area is impossible, the body just uses up the resources, and unfourtunately belly fat is usually the last to go :(

Just keep at it sounds like your on the right track :)

Oh you can always try these Guys JST Nutrition they do their own brand, I have posted the link to their site below. They are very helpful and always have promotions on which is good if you wanna save money :)
JST Nutrition

Hello there,

I am overwhelmed by all the infos! Fantastic pool of knowledge here! Thank you very much for the help - it is really appreciated. I have been offshore for a while so that's why I couldnt pop in. After 12 hour shifts I managed to be in the the gym every second night ( I dont do suckers and mornings EVER) and of course forgot the powder back home:D
All in all I can say loads of physical work and sweat( I was drinking 4-4.5liters of water per day - had to really) do the job :D wouldnt have needed anything if they just would have sent me away more LOL

Cheers,
KM

Hello all,

Currently I am on a mission to lose bodyfat. Been a good girl diet wise and also managed to drag my ass out of bed in the morning for a bit of sweating (which honestly kills me..each and every morning) before breakfast.
Now I would like to support this with some protein shakes..but dont know which one - as there are gazillions out there, and I want to avoid actually maybe buying the wrong one... and ending up like the incredible hulk??

Would be thankful for any usefull hints,

mille grazie!

KM

i have been using proteins of various types for the last 20+ years and no one does it better than CNP. ProPeptide it is the best you can get and that is fact. i got onto it a few years ago, tried different ones in between because someone recommended but always went back to CNP, if you are spending your hard earned money on a product you want quality. this is it.

Back