PSD Over 50's Activity Club

Think I've just crapped myself...........I don't care. Nice. Slightly warm and curiously cosy.

Mind you, It's really pissed of the other 70 people on the bus.

'V' Egyption PT is normally conducted horizontally mate, so I thought it might be right up your street..? or Mattress! :)

Starlight... you know the SP when relieveing yourself uncontrolled mate... you should be dressed in a wetsuit and in the sea... not a drybag and for sure not in a swimming pool or on the Bus...:)

CD

We... the old ones are still active guys, we enjoyed a great summer and we are now well stuck into the winter utilising the Northern Coires on a couple of occasions... Snow and Ice conditions have been very good upto now but some care must be shown and taken at this time... you can go here for more info: Avalanche Information for Scotland | sportscotland Avalanche Information Service

Being out there amongst it? is the most important thing, so no matter what you do? enjoy! Remember... the Business of Life is the Acquistition of memories because at the End! That's all there is!

CD

Just to keep any informed on here that partake in the white stuff? Conditions are great although the weather and avalanche risk are somewhat to be desired, always something one can do though..! Here @ the PSD Over 50's we have so far this year, mountaineered, climbed and snow shoe'd (First time for me). The snow in the Cairngorms above 600m is around 3 - 4 feet deep in places and the routes are well plastered... Happy hunting..!

CD

Just to keep you informed guys... the conditions in the Cairngorms remain amazing! please do check the SAIS though... The PSD over 50's club were busy yesterday climbing routes that just sometimes aren't there due to a lack of snow... but not this year. We reckon we could be winter climbing into June at this rate :) :) :) :)... if you need any photographic evidence for peace of mind and to show current conditions then please do ask...

CD

This year the PSD over 50's Activity Club winter expedition/camp is to be held in Svalbard inside the Arctic circle... The trip is fully sponsored and to qualify to attend, one must be:

Males:
* Ugly.
* Exactly 5' 6".
* Balding or possess a receding hairline.
* Expert Mountaineer.
* Attained an NVQ level 1 in Brewmanship.

Females:
* Just be you!

Polar Bears:
* Toothless...

Closing date and time for application is 17.01 Monday 10th March 2014.

Well at the PSD over 50's activity club we have had a busy summer so far! with some Glacial exploration in the Swiss Alps and Tandem Paragliding over Interlaken...

Masseurs were on hand to compensate for any heavy landings, tired muscles and battered knees..!

'Rosti' has of course remained the staple diet...

Life sucks! :)

CD

Well at the PSD over 50's activity club we have had a busy summer so far! with some Glacial exploration in the Swiss Alps and Tandem Paragliding over Interlaken...

Masseurs were on hand to compensate for any heavy landings, tired muscles and battered knees..!

'Rosti' has of course remained the staple diet...

Life sucks! :)

CD

Couple things I enjoy is expedition biking and expedition kayaking. So far the longest I have spent on my bike traveling is three months, I use a Surly Moonlander 22XXL F&R panniers with a Yak style trailer made for a 18X3 fatback. The Moonlander I just switched to the 4.8 X 26 tires and on a single track it feels great but I have not taken it out for a long trip yet since I had those tires. I try to go out twice a year for two or three weeks, most the time I have no destination, just a direction.

About 7 months ago my daughters called me to inform me that I would have about 12K in charges on my credit card for soe new Yaks they got. I thought nothing of it when they called because I thought it would be two Yaks at 6K each and that seems fair enough to me. When I got my credit card statement though the Yaks where only 3600 each and the rest where just add on's and mods, so naturally I jumped in the truck and went to there location to see how the hell they got all that on two Yaks safely without it looking like the Red Dwarf.

The Yaks where from a firm called Hobie, the model is PA14. They dressed those Yaks down so nice, they are what I feel to be the best Fishing and expedition Yak I have ever seen or used. I did not hesitate and purchased my own. We took a few trips already, nothing longer than a week on the water and all open salt water. But I have been taking mine out further on day trips deeper into the Adriatic, so far I have only gotten 37.3 kilometers offshore. Any expedition Yak trips I have taken before was always limited to 30 kilometers a day, mostly fresh water and when we did hit salt water never went further out that 4 kilometers. The PA14 has completely changed the limits for expedition Yaking.

Expedition Yaking is tons of fun, and on the PA14 you get to work out your upper and lower body. The rig out of the box is ready for some very serious trips but the reality of it is that the PA14 is long and wide and needs its own space for storage. However on the open water it turns some heads on the decks of those big ships.

Expedition biking is another animal but just as much fun. Every rider has their own way to ride & pack, I just pick a direction and many times that direction has changed 180 degrees after a 100 mile day ride, if I do not like what I see I just go another direction. One thing I always take with me is my Garret Pro International metal detector because no matter what I direction I go I always make sure that on my way home I skirt a coastline. The Garret Pro International is far from the best out there but it can get beat around on a ride, get wet and keep finding jewlery that drunk tourist leave for me on the beaches. Another thing I always take with me is four Lorry tire inner tubes and straps. Traveling inland or sometimes on coastline I will run into a small island on a lake or not far off the coastline. This allows me to strap all my gear down and take it with me so I can see something new.

Just thought I would add that for the future, a good Yak trip is always fun and a Fatbike has no limits.

So the over 50's Activity club has been busy, it's sub section over 60's [chuckle]... coz of course I haven't been here for a while and guess what?, have been even busier with Arctic Adventures, Parachuting, Mountain Loch Diving, Fast water swimming and Poker1545550_10152027925955687_1559145448_n.jpg10007524_10152027903980687_334685997_n.jpg13322056_10153679565585687_6125699690370719836_n.jpg14591619_1666231810354526_5071937277096367283_n.jpg19366577_1798599257117780_5882903599506581988_n.jpg21728206_10154987741605687_4594886548031745133_n.jpg34138872_10155616962450687_3356826729225125888_n.jpg40608086_10155823490895687_3846823759725985792_n.jpg40666673_10155823484060687_2140511739257552896_n.jpg40684415_10155824118475687_666572769651064832_n.jpg etc etc... come and join us :) :)

Good on you Carl, I am just a sprog will qualify for the youth section this year by reaching to big '5 O', but those photos are certainly inspiring. Good luck!

Been getting back in it my self. After me nearly two years to be able to shoot again after the brain tumor was removed. But now back at bike expeditions, climbing, swimming and shooting again. Tried the whole Florida thing for a hot second, yeah Florida blows, but shot some nice hogs in Georgia at least.

Back in Europe, OK, I mean Switzerland. I did however close on a very nice property In Italy. This time on the other side from my old place. Couple months ago spent some time near Ameglia, it was great. Good fishing but local coast guard works a little harder, especially when someone is in a yak a couple miles out fishing. But the Mahi are well worth it and far larger than in the Adriatic. Best part, no one walking around in trying to sell fake crap or ask where are you from my friend. Friend my ass, Adriatic is flooded with them sort.

Anyway, closed on a nice property, but only just over a single hectar. But it did have 29 producing olive trees. Close to the water so I do not have to drive my yak down, but also still in the forest.

Met some locals with the knowledge in hunting in the area and lined up some trips for the winter. Will be spending more time there than here and just going to give my daughters my other place on the Adriatic. Just going to spend the rest of my time fishing and hunting, and well of course throw in the deep dark winter cycling trip as far north as I can get it.

Back