Quality Vest Supplier

premier

Longterm Registered User
Good Evening all,

Those of you who know me also know I only endorse products and indeed people who I have had dealings with directly.

So please believe me when I say I have recently used the services of PPSS.

Products | PPSS Group

I have ordered one of their KR1overt stab vest with ceramic plates to replace my old covert Kevlar vest, the most obvious benefit being the plates don’t deteriorate with time as the Kevlar ones do.

While I was in their offices I also had a look at some of the slash pro clothing on offer and once I have tried it I’ll let people know the outcome.

Get a look at their website and some of their videos on YouTube, I think you will be impressed with what you see.

Regards

premier

Nice, but you forgot one of the factors, price??

On the slash clothing my issue usually is that either you use cotton underwear or your nipples get seriously hurt.

Even with gloves using this kind of cut resistant woven materials I tended to get my knuckles peeled over the days.

About the vest my main concern is that usually the sides have not enough protected area (underarm from the side like in a melee when you can't control the hands and shit may happen. the sleeves are nice and prevent defensive bounds but I ended going (fetish?) for the old fashioned leather braces available in any medieval shop for example, nice 3 mms leather usually is seen as just a fashion accessory but protects wrists and forearm really effectively.

PS: underwear, nipples, leather and melees: did I sound BDSM or just professional?

Giovanni,

I don’t really consider price as I value my life more than £500,as I’m sure you do...
I will say the fact that the plates won’t deteriorate with time as Kevlar plates do means I won’t need to replace the vest in 5 years.

Regards

premier

A few weeks ago I was checking a youtube review about the magic UHMWPE for ballistic ones and the guy also stated that (longlife) as a nice advantage, kevlar has a "best before" (because I have seen 9 years old stand small arms without problems) but plastic "is forever"; shall I assume that the vest is kind of a "5mms riot helmet visor plate hold in a vest" so to speak? moulded in a torso shape and with padding.

The company has some clear videos with the pick, hammer, axe and crowbar that induce me to think this way so the puncture resistance is guaranteed 1000% better than with the woven materials, that is a real plus!

Like it or not, money is still a factor, as much as weight (2.3 kilos the L size) or concealability (when you think about a plod with his vest, were should you try it, in the obviously protected chest or other area?) and again it excels in that. I may be picky but like to know how much I am going to spend on an item before getting to the counter, a £20 cheaper tire but C rated is nonsense versus an A for example but firestone or michellin with same characteristics and a £20 tag difference... I like to include that sense of appreciation also in the equation.

PS: Yes, I value your life much more than £500, would not even try to slap you for that, not even think about that kind of deal :)

Giovanni,

The PPSS kit I looked at and ultimately ordered, I have to say is very comfortable and more importantly made to measure, as you know we aren’t off the shelf sizes when it comes to body armour.
The slash pro garments also seemed like very good value although I didn’t wear any of it I did feel the material and it was good.

PPSS are holding a seminar in London next month I believe it would be worth anyone looking for kit to drop in and see the gear and get measurements taken and get a quote for a bespoke vest.

Regards

premier

Back