Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question

narl

Full Registered User
Thinking of getting into the CP non hostile, I've no experience but am quite street smart.

To get into this industry, what do you need apart from a good bank balance for the courses.

Bubba

Super Moderator
All the bank balance in the world won't buy you a legitimate place in the industry.

It will buy you a place with a reputable training provider, but after that the rest is down to you.

Professional outlook
Network of people who trust you enough to use your services on a regular basis
starting at the bottom and staying there for a while
saying yes whenever you can to whatever you can
additional training
additional expertise
smart (and not just "Street smart")
a good company to work with
a good team to work with
a person who will understand that you want to succeed in the industry
that same person who has the time and inclination to help and support you.
Various bits of kit
various bits of extra effort than most others
after all of that then you may conceivably have the beginnings of the makings of a start, but you are already up against thousands of others who have years of experience in both executive circles, or hostile, or armed forces or various other avenues that lead one in to Protection.

If you can do that, then you may have the start of a chance.

Being here, and using the search bar above and listening to those with more experience would be a great start...

All the best

Bubba

narl

Full Registered User
Hi bubba.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

Seems it can be quite a tough industry to get into.

MJ744

Longterm Registered User
narl

There is a Security Industry that involves all the various security work like events, doors, static guarding, CCTV etc. But there is no Close Protection Industry. It really isn't that big, and tends to be very seasonal for most people. Full-time positions are pretty rare, and will be 'dead man's shoes', or they will employ someone on recommendation from a team member/contact only, so the jobs aren't even advertised.

Some training companies won't bother telling you that part of course. As they have dreams to sell to people about this imaginary world where everybody seems to need CP.

If you really want to do it. Then as Bubba said. Start at the bottom, but always give it 100 %. With (a lot of) luck. Someone might spot you. Like your attitude. And put you in someone's house. Then you'll be at the start of the CP side of life. But just to get yourself to that point. Standby for a long slog !

All the best.

SCT

narl

There is a Security Industry that involves all the various security work like events, doors, static guarding, CCTV etc. But there is no Close Protection Industry. It really isn't that big, and tends to be very seasonal for most people. Full-time positions are pretty rare, and will be 'dead man's shoes', or they will employ someone on recommendation from a team member/contact only, so the jobs aren't even advertised.

Some training companies won't bother telling you that part of course. As they have dreams to sell to people about this imaginary world where everybody seems to need CP.

If you really want to do it. Then as Bubba said. Start at the bottom, but always give it 100 %. With (a lot of) luck. Someone might spot you. Like your attitude. And put you in someone's house. Then you'll be at the start of the CP side of life. But just to get yourself to that point. Standby for a long slog !

All the best.
Get ready for incoming from the fakeass TP's :)

Ivan67

Longterm Registered User
Get ready for incoming from the fakeass TP's :)
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, BS intel courses to weapons courses, all the pieces of paper one needs to be even more lost than when they started.

At least this kid stated out right non-hostile, so it sounds like he has some knowledge of his own limits.

narl

Full Registered User
Certainly know my limits, being from N.I and growing up through the troubles, seen people getting shot, police landrovers getting RPG'd etc something that can make you rethink.

CP would be as far as I would go, if I wanted to do down the PSD route I would join the Irish Army for several years then get into that sector. But as I am 31 I would only be eligible for the reserves as they stop recruiting at 25.

Mitch7350

Full Registered User
I have recently passed my cp course with pheonix g4s and would recommend them I have spent 14 years in the army and found the method of instruction was to a very high standard not sure if this helps but if you were thinking about which course to do then I recommend these

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Top Bottom