Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RAF Regiment in Mali

jammyk87

Full Registered User
British

Royal Air Force (RAF) Regiment troops, possibly based out of Honington or Wittering, have been deployed to Bamako as a force protection (FP) element for RAF operations in support of the French intervention in Mali. France’s Opération Serval is being supported by two RAF C-17ER transport planes, operated by No. 99 Squadron from RAF Brize Norton. These aircraft are to ferry French armoured vehicles from the Évreux-Fauville Air Base in France, to Bamako.
They are not from Honington or Wittering that is for sure ;)

MAY

Longterm Registered User
About this: "And in all honesty about the only role I would trust them with is waiting on!"
It's great man...I work with british soldiers, I work with US soldiers, I work with German Soldiers, and much more, and I never had a problem with there. To cut short, your answer is as someone who never work with a foreign army, no, is a stupid answer, French Forces are over there, e.g. Mali, they fight, so, a bit of respect, please, as I respect the British Army, and believe me, I know about I talk!!!

MAY

Longterm Registered User
Seriously? 'Waiting on is the correct term for the job a waiter does..

Yup, of course, many thanks "mate", there are french who fight's over there, not you!!! It's great mistake to criticed a army and country what you don't know!!!

To meditate....

keeniemeenieman

Longterm Registered User
It's great man...I work with british soldiers, I work with US soldiers, I work with German Soldiers, and much more, and I never had a problem with there. To cut short, your answer is as someone who never work with a foreign army, no, is a stupid answer, French Forces are over there, e.g. Mali, they fight, so, a bit of respect, please, as I respect the British Army, and believe me, I know about I talk!!!
Have worked with French forces (0f varied types)They are the same as Brits,Some good,some very good,and of course some shit,same as us!

Vinnyboy742

Full Registered User
Instead of demanding a further explaination for his own personal opinion on something which he is perfectly entitled to, why not counter his comments and explain why you think he is wrong?
The man has already delivered his opinion, however offended you might be, he might not feel obliged to go further into detail. The ball is in your court.

Yes this is an open form and yes anyone is entitled to their own opinion on here, however by saying.......("And in all honesty about the only role I would trust them with is waiting on!") without any reasoning would obviously be scrutinized!!! I suggest if you wish to comment in a negative way on a thread, then at least have to decency to explain your reasons why. Not really not difficult is it......

hippy

Actualy I was OC of an international unit for some three years and also deployed to a NATO HQ unit during the NATO operations in FRY, so I am afraid I have worked with a 'foreign army...

hippy

Yup, of course, many thanks "mate", there are french who fight's over there, not you!!! It's great mistake to criticed a army and country what you don't know!!!

To meditate....
If you re-read my thread, I didn't criticize the French Army.. I said I didn't trust them, I didn't say they were no good..

MAY

Longterm Registered User
If you re-read my thread, I didn't criticize the French Army.. I said I didn't trust them, I didn't say they were no good..
Hippy...yes...of course!
The French Army is able to to keep a Airplane, believe me! But this is not the topic, and you know that. Well, discussions as this one makes me tired, so, stop now, ok?

ENJ1986

Longterm Registered User
May is protective over any insult or "dig" towards the French.

I think if I did 22 years in the Legion, I'd be protective too ;-)

And let's all admit, the Raf Reg are the laughing stock of all the Infantry Regiments. Join an infantry regiment to protect an airfield? No thanks, I'd rather be a honking little civ.

jammyk87

Full Registered User

And let's all admit, the Raf Reg are the laughing stock of all the Infantry Regiments. Join an infantry regiment to protect an airfield? No thanks, I'd rather be a honking little civ.
Really?! I have seen much worse!

Vinnyboy742

Full Registered User

Have you ever worked with the Raf Regt then? I would be intrigued to hear how you came to that conclusion................?

wingnut

Longterm Registered User
They are not from Honington or Wittering that is for sure ;)
He probably came to that conclusion because like the army, the RAF Regt have shite Sqns and god Sqns. I personally have worked with them and were thoroughly disappointed with one of the Sqns but impressed with the other. Perception of them relies heavily on personalities at the time.

jammyk87

Full Registered User
He probably came to that conclusion because like the army, the RAF Regt have shite Sqns and god Sqns. I personally have worked with them and were thoroughly disappointed with one of the Sqns but impressed with the other. Perception of them relies heavily on personalities at the time.
Exactly, the army is no different to that. I get fed up with people talking shit about the regiment and have no experience of working with us. I could say a lot about how wank some army units are.

But more to the quote, I happen to know what sqn is in Mali.

wingnut

Longterm Registered User
Exactly, the army is no different to that. I get fed up with people talking shit about the regiment and have no experience of working with us. I could say a lot about how wank some army units are.

But more to the quote, I happen to know what sqn is in Mali.
I also know the RAF Regt are not alone on the aircraft flying in and out of Mali. :)

MJ744

Longterm Registered User
Personally. I don't give a fcuk what others may think of the RAF Regt. Crack on quietly I say.

tengahboy

Longterm Registered User

If that is why you come onto other Regiment sites just to pour scorn on them from some anonymous little corner and hopefully wind people up then well done boy! You've done it you snipey little piece of boot dirt! I assume a little web crawler like you has posted on the Marines, Para's, French Legion, RMC , etc leaving pissy little comments as well you gob shite!
I'm old Regiment and believe me if you had dared to say what you've just said openly in a room full of us you'd have been pinned and diced, and you know it but you know your not so you sit at home in the safety of your little room casting baseless assertions around like some snotty kid. You have no bloody idea what the Regiment is like so shut it and if this post gets me thrown off the forum then so be it. I'm getting pretty fed up with wormy little shites like you weedling around on it leaving tacky little messages then retreating.
Go leave the same message on the Marines site, or the Para's and if you happen to be one of them then shame on you!
I for one am going to stick up for us because that's what we do, you honking little crap hhead.
From one whose cage is well and truely rattled....

Top Bottom