RAF Regiment

Quote:

"Confrontation in the Far East" [Brunei]

"In September 1964 all LAA defences were ordered to deploy and were not stood down until August 1966 - the longest cold war state of readiness in the Regiment's history"... Unquote

CD

Excellent history thanks...never did understand why the Rockape came from...Now I can see why no runways have ever been stolen since then....standby!!!

Worked with a rockape on the Fayed sec team in early 90's good lad, heavy into his martial arts...always wondered where he went.

Hi there,

I've just came off the Fayed team and also an ex rock. I think the guy you're reffering to is Paul "Rock" Higgins. He's still there and still into his martial arts. You can PM me if you would like further details.

All the best mate.

Per Ardua!

All gone quiet.

It all seems to have gone alarmingly quiet here on the RAF Regiment thread. Nothing for almost two years!!! What happened?

It all seems to have gone alarmingly quiet here on the RAF Regiment thread. Nothing for almost two years!!! What happened?

Dunno, the EFI is OK, as is the KFC in Bastion 2. The PX in Leatherneck isn't really your concern but could be judged so the amount of time you boys spend in it. And I would imagine you're going to be working on a zero hours, minimum wage contract to pay the USMC for those Harriers you were supposed to be guarding.

Just saying like.

I'd also be interested in the story of the Rock who brassed up his own Osprey. I mean, In the four years I have spent in Iraq and Afghanistan I have NEVER been attacked by my body armour. Is it catching? what are the signs to look for?

Last edited:
Back