Re: Licence renewal, some questions

ozblu3

Full Registered User
  1. Where can I read the Private Security Industry Act 2001, and any amendments made in particular to S7.
  2. I had a car registered onto my name, I was not the possessor of the vehicle, neither was I in fact the owner real owner, neither did I get the parking fines, and neither did I pay. Until recently when i had collection officers over that is :mad:
  3. Council passed the debt onto some debt collectors, debt collectors possibly went to court (they said so on a letter that they did, although I saw no warrant..) who then came to my house demanding payment :mad:. In the end they saw the vehicle isn't mine, i managed to get the car from the chap who did in fact keep it, chipped in the rest from dad's pocket :)mad::mad::mad:), who i paid back the next day :mad:, and they took the car to pay the rest of the fine.
  4. Next matter, re: un-insured vehicle on NYE 2007. I got caught with no vehicle insurance. They said i#ll go to court and take it from there, however i recieved no summons, no other information and nothing else since then.. :confused:. I had a jolly good time with the officers, cracking jokes, asking questions, always polite. I think they may have let me off the hook on this one as i was always cooperative..
  5. My final question. Will any of the above have any consqquences on my licence renewal? I have Only otherwise been to court for a speeding fine that i forgot to pay.. I've never been arrested for a criminal offence, not done any fraud or anything else dodgy, and have only spent 1 night in a cell re: nye no insurance..
  6. Will i still get my new licence ??
  7. I can explain the parking fines away, and parents are witness that i've never driven the vehicle neither was i ever insured on it...

Thanks for your help guys and gals, much appreciated :rolleyes:.. What an idiot I am hey?

mate, have a look on the SIA website, there are pages of offences that will prevent issue or re-issue of licences.

If your offence isn't listed i would suggest that you are ok, but if you are still unsure, try calling them.........good luck with that!!

James Mc

mate, have a look on the SIA website, there are pages of offences that will prevent issue or re-issue of licences.

If your offence isn't listed i would suggest that you are ok, but if you are still unsure, try calling them.........good luck with that!!

James Mc

Kewl, thanks mate.. I need all the help/luck i can get!

Sounds like you have had a 'touch' with regards to NYE! Although it may be lurking on a computer some where, only to bite you in the arse if you get tugged for another offence, so be prepared for that! Hope thats not the case for you though, good luck.

Back